PDA

View Full Version : When to attend each holiday thing

Crow
08-28-2013, 12:49 PM
flying to WDWSat Nov 30 and leaving on Friday Dec 6.
this is the one time of year I have never been at WDW so id like to experience all of them..
which nights should I go to Candlelight, Osbourne and Mickeys Party.. I would think the wknights wouldn't be as crowded for the Processional. and maybe we could get a seat wo waiting in line for hrs.
so which would you recommend for which nights

Strmchsr
08-28-2013, 01:29 PM
If you don't want to wait in line for a long time, do the CP dining package. Even on weeknights the standby line is quite long. If you don't want to wait in line, and don't want to do the dining package your other option is to stand for the performance up by the American pavilion. You can't see great, but you can hear everything just fine. If you have the dining package then weekend or weeknight don't matter.

As for the others - weeknights are generally better but that early in the season the only truly crowded nights for MVMCP are Friday nights.

AgentC
08-28-2013, 01:29 PM
Is there a narrator you prefer to see for the candlelight processional?

From what I can see your choices are

Nov. 29-Dec. 1: Gary Sinise
Dec. 2-3: Neil Patrick Harris
Dec. 4-5: Ashley Judd

NPH is very popular so I would expect his nights to be busy. I'm not sure about Ashley Judd or Gary Sinise.

Osborne lights tends to be very busy whenever you go. My best guess would be to go the 2nd or 4th. My reasoning is that the MVMCP is not occurring on those nights which means Magic Kingdom is open late and has a parade and fireworks. Since MK only has 3 nights that week without a party, it will definitely draw people there. There are also EMH at AK that morning which will draw some people.

I'm not sure which night is best for the party. Your choices are a Sun, Tues or Thurs. I'm not sure any one is better than the other. I think any would be fine.

Crow
08-28-2013, 01:35 PM
no preference for narrator really. but since my fav park is Epcot we will prob be there Sunday.
then could do Osbournes Monday and Mickeys party tues...
that would leave Wed for Universal and enjoying the resorts then Thursday for the final night somewhere.
Is Mickeys party worth the money. luckily the others are free w admission.

Strmchsr
08-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Is Mickeys party worth the money. luckily the others are free w admission.

There's a big debate on that. Some will say yes, absolutely, and others not so much. It used to be, but prices are now ridiculously high and they don't cap the number of people like they used to so the parties are much more crowded. There's a couple of shows and a couple of meet n greets exclusive to the party, but the only real exclusive treat is the parade and Holiday Wishes. If those two things are worth the money, then definitely go. If not, skip it.

Crow
08-28-2013, 10:49 PM
now you got me thinking if I should go to it.

Katzateer
08-29-2013, 08:52 AM
If you have not been to a MMCP I would go but don't expect to get a lot of your normal rides in. Try to go to all the special holiday events. We have been to the party15+ times. It is worth a try one time just to experience the event. Get into the park as soon as you can to avoid the masses entering at opening time (you can get in about 2 hours before with your ticket- look for the sign for where to enter- usually at far left).

For the studios, go as late as you can. It is elbow to elbow and slow walking most of the time.

We have watched part of the CP from outside the seating- never have sat through or gotten tickets.

RedSoxFan
08-29-2013, 09:38 AM
We have gone to MVMCP twice. First time it was so cold that we had winter gear on and it wasn't enjoyable. We also went last year and while it was fun, we will not go again this year as it's just not worth the money to ride a few rides in the dark. And we saw the same shows both times so I really can't justify that kind of money for the same thing. But I do think it's worth going once!!

AgentC
08-29-2013, 10:03 AM
I'm one of those mixed feeling people about MVMCP.

We went once and it happened to be on a night where it rained on and off so that could be coloring my view.

Overall it was fun but as a pass holder I didn't feel it was worth spending the money on the tickets. I can see Christmas Wishes from elsewhere on the property and I didn't find the parade to be as interesting as the Halloween parade.

If you are really interested in the character meetings, the parade, the fireworks, the snow on Main Street and its in your budget, I would try it. If not I would probably pass and just go to the park on a regular day.

Crow
08-30-2013, 01:52 PM
then I guess Ill have to decide about MVMCP....buy tickets for that or stay at a mod or deluxe instead for my last night.
Im getting the feeling that maybe it isn't worth it.