PDA

View Full Version : Hello Walt Disney World part 3

Disney4us2
08-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Today we went to Animal Kingdom and actually got an earlier start..getting to the park at 10am.

We went straight to the Safari...after stopping to watch DeVine. She was at the entrance. It was the first time seeing her.:cool:

We had a nice safari and then took the jungle trek. That was also a first for us on the Africa trek. Off to Rafiki's planet watch. That is one of our favorite areas.

We didn't have much for breakfast so we went to see if we could get a walk up at Yak & Yeti. Again being a party of 2, we had a 5 minute wait before being seated. I had the Chinese chicken salad.... boy, that was the never ending salad. It was also very good. Jessica had the Kobe burger, it was so big she couldn't finish it. So I got a taste of that and the burger was very good. They don't take the TiW card there, but they do take the DVC member card, so I was able to get a small discount.

Jessica wanted to ride EE, so we headed there. When she got off of the ride she was sopping wet. It started to pour just as she was going up the first lift. I was inside, so I had no idea it started to rain.

We waited until it let up a bit and headed back near Y&Y. We waited under the DVC area that had a big covered area.

We didn't do all that we wanted to do, but will have time later on. Also I didn't want to keep Ginger in the room by herself too long. The perils of traveling with a dog.

Dulcee
08-27-2013, 11:59 AM
I feel for you on traveling with a dog! Growing up we always brought our dog to disney. The kennels back then were right outside the parks and it was so easy to scoot to the front and take her out.

I'm really not a fan of the centralized kennel just do to the traveling back and forth to visit. I'm also jealous that many of the Universal Hotels are pet friendly.

SBETigg
08-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Animal Kingdom! Fun day. I love it there. I'm sure Ginger was happy to see you.

minnie04
08-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Sounds like you had fun couple of days :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Poor fur baby, ours has separation anxiety too. Glad you are having fun

KylesMom
08-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Isn't Devine something? I've seen her freak out more than a few guests.

I bet that was NOT quite the EE ride Jessica anticipated - a very soggy one! :D Glad you had another great day. And while short, I know you'll be back at AK soon!

disney obsessed
08-27-2013, 07:08 PM
I've been wondering how you were doing! What is it like to be in town and know you don't have to leave? That you can pop into the world any time you want?

Hope you get news on the apartment soon and get settled.

Disney4us2
08-27-2013, 08:04 PM
I've been wondering how you were doing! What is it like to be in town and know you don't have to leave? That you can pop into the world any time you want?

Hope you get news on the apartment soon and get settled.

It's nice, but I am used to that living an hour from Disneyland. Same thing... different coast.

Right now I am so un-settled. I hope to hear about the apartment tomorrow :fingers:(HOPE). I am really tired of living in one room out of a suitcase.

faline
08-29-2013, 07:31 PM
Animal Kingdom is such an underrated park - glad you were able to spend some time there - despite the rain.

Hope things are getting settled for you!

Mickey'sGirl
08-30-2013, 08:33 AM
You've done well getting Walk-ups!

vizsla
09-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
09-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey: