PDA

View Full Version : Magic Bands Test Question

Figment104
08-27-2013, 09:24 AM
So, one of my friends is going to WDW in October, and just was invited to test the Magic Band system along with the Fastpass+. She had a question that I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me answer for her.

So, once you've used up your fastpass+ "tickets" for the day, is there anyway to get additional fastpasses later in the day? Or is it, once you've used up the ones allotted to you for the day, that's it? I know that the two systems don't work hand in hand, i.e. if you're on fastpass+ you can't use the regular fastpass kiosks, etc, but wasn't sure if there were any other options because of that exact reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PopPhan
08-27-2013, 09:31 AM
During the test phase, I believe they are allowing additional regular FastPasses with your RFID enabled KTTW card. Testers will receive both the MagicBand and a KTTW card.

Once the system is fully rolled out, you will get ONLY what the MagicBand allows -- currently 3 FP+ in one park per day. This number MAY change, or may be different depending on the park. The regular FastPass will go away for everyone once FP+ is fully implemented.

Ms. Mode
08-27-2013, 10:16 AM
However, WDWDriver posted this on another thread recently, so might want to keep it in mind:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) You may have to ask at your resort for a backup KTTW card. I haven't heard anyone say that they automatically come with the wristbands.

2.) There is no guarantee that KTTW cards will continue to be issued to holders of wristbands as the testing goes forward. Members of the MyMagic Implementation Team have indicated that they are uncomfortable with wristband test guests being able to "double-dip" and use the paper Fast Passes along with FP+. It skews the test results and makes it harder to measure guest satisfaction regarding the whole MyMagic concept.