PDA

View Full Version : How "available" are attractions when booking FP+

Goofy4TheWorld
08-26-2013, 12:28 PM
I am trying to decide whether or not to accept a FP+ invite should I receive one, and I am curious if anyone knows how booked attractions are at the last minute (anywhere from 6 to 36 hours prior). If I were to post whether or not I could book an ADR at Chef Mickey’s once we get there and see how things go, we would all laugh me out of my own thread. But since FP+ is limited and so unknown, I was wondering if anyone has actual experience with the availability in terms of changing your choices the “day of” or not booking any of your choices until the night before.

Any boots-on-the-ground info out there?

BrerGnat
08-26-2013, 12:39 PM
All I know is that in TESTING, if you decide to be part of the test group, you can STILL also use the standard Fastpass system.

So, no harm in accepting an invite. You can use both FP and FP+.

Strmchsr
08-26-2013, 01:29 PM
And honestly, during the testing phase, there will be absolutely no way to know what the availability will be. It should be pretty open because the number of people using it is limited. But once it's open to everyone it might not be so open and last minute switches will be harder to come by.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-26-2013, 03:39 PM
All I know is that in TESTING, if you decide to be part of the test group, you can STILL also use the standard Fastpass system.

So, no harm in accepting an invite. You can use both FP and FP+.

This is a thought I was pondering, but I am not sure if you can accept a FP+ test without also accepting the Magic Bands, and my understanding is the traditional FP machines do not accept Magic Bands so if you go with FP+ your boxed out of FPv1.0.

I am also not sure you can, in fact, use both FP 1.0 and 2.0 at the same time, I thought I read that switching to FP 2.0 specifically excluded you from FP 1.0 usage.

Strmchsr
08-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Until testing is over you can use both versions of FP. Once the FP+ goes live it will be the only version.

BrerGnat
08-26-2013, 04:25 PM
I seem to recall hearing from someone who did the testing, in addition to getting a Magic Band, you still also get a physical KTTW card/park pass.

The new park tickets (RFID, "tap to enter, tap to pay") still have a magnetic stripe on them, so you can use them in the regular FP machines. Our tickets from our trip a couple weeks ago were the new kind, but we could use them in the FP machines. All the Magic bands are is a "link" to your ticket, but you still will have a physical ticket at this time (testing phase).

Kenny1113
08-26-2013, 04:36 PM
I thought I read somewhere that this was a glitch. It is not intended to use both....:confused:

Strmchsr
08-26-2013, 06:03 PM
I thought I read somewhere that this was a glitch. It is not intended to use both....:confused:

It's not a glitch. It's intentional for the moment while the new system is still in testing. If they have to take the new system off-line for debugging, etc they want guests to not have any issues so both systems are functioning for the moment.

Kenny1113
08-26-2013, 06:19 PM
It's not a glitch. It's intentional for the moment while the new system is still in testing. If they have to take the new system off-line for debugging, etc they want guests to not have any issues so both systems are functioning for the moment.

This is good news. Thanks for the clarification.

WDWdriver
08-26-2013, 08:56 PM
1.) You may have to ask at your resort for a backup KTTW card. I haven't heard anyone say that they automatically come with the wristbands.

2.) There is no guarantee that KTTW cards will continue to be issued to holders of wristbands as the testing goes forward. Members of the MyMagic Implementation Team have indicated that they are uncomfortable with wristband test guests being able to "double-dip" and use the paper Fast Passes along with FP+. It skews the test results and makes it harder to measure guest satisfaction regarding the whole MyMagic concept.

spoiledraf
08-27-2013, 04:59 AM
Since your KTTW card is also your room key, if they don't give you one, what do you use for a key?

Strmchsr
08-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Since your KTTW card is also your room key, if they don't give you one, what do you use for a key?

The Magic Band takes the place of the KTTW card.

Ms. Mode
08-27-2013, 09:52 AM
1.) You may have to ask at your resort for a backup KTTW card. I haven't heard anyone say that they automatically come with the wristbands.

2.) There is no guarantee that KTTW cards will continue to be issued to holders of wristbands as the testing goes forward. Members of the MyMagic Implementation Team have indicated that they are uncomfortable with wristband test guests being able to "double-dip" and use the paper Fast Passes along with FP+. It skews the test results and makes it harder to measure guest satisfaction regarding the whole MyMagic concept.

Which makes perfect sense to me :thumbsup:

mickeyman42
08-27-2013, 11:45 AM
slightly OT but if you get a magic band instead of a KTTW card how does security check your car when you return to your resort at the end of the night? parking pass I guess? wave your wrist?

Strmchsr
08-27-2013, 03:53 PM
slightly OT but if you get a magic band instead of a KTTW card how does security check your car when you return to your resort at the end of the night? parking pass I guess? wave your wrist?

You put your band against RFID reader. They're already working that way with the KTTW cards. No swiping of the card anymore.

CaityBee
09-02-2013, 03:19 PM
I have a similar question...I recently booked my FP+ reservations for our trip on Sept 28. I noticed that the parades or shows (like Wishes, or Fantasmic) weren't available. Was anyone able to get FP+ for these things?

Goofy4TheWorld
09-03-2013, 08:39 AM

My TA heard that everyone after Sept 1st at a few select resorts (AoA included) were going to be forced onto the new system, so I logged onto the MDE website and I could suddenly make FP+ reservations and customize MagicBands, where previous clicks of these links said it was not available to me.

I went to customize my band and read this: (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/bands-cards/)

Whether you have a MagicBand wristband or touch to enter admission card—or both—you are seamlessly connected to your reservations, park admission and other plans and purchases.

So Disney is publishing the possibility of having access to both ticket media, so I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

BrerGnat
09-03-2013, 01:00 PM
My TA heard that everyone after Sept 1st at a few select resorts (AoA included) were going to be forced onto the new system, so I logged onto the MDE website and I could suddenly make FP+ reservations and customize MagicBands, where previous clicks of these links said it was not available to me.

I went to customize my band and read this: (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/bands-cards/)

So Disney is publishing the possibility of having access to both ticket media, so I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

No, I think you can easily have both a wristband and a touch to enter ticket if you didn't buy your tickets through a WDW package. If you buy your tickets anywhere else, you will have physical tickets. You can LINK physical tickets to the wristband, but you can still use the physical ticket to enter OR the wristband, but linking a ticket to a wristband doesn't mean that you get rid of the ticket. If you book through Disney, a package deal, then you would only have the wristband.

dreadpirateemily
09-04-2013, 09:03 AM
I have a similar question...I recently booked my FP+ reservations for our trip on Sept 28. I noticed that the parades or shows (like Wishes, or Fantasmic) weren't available. Was anyone able to get FP+ for these things?

We're going from 9/17-9/20 and made FP+ choices for each day, but, like you said, the fireworks shows nor the parades were available as options. I was able to reserve times for regular shows like Beauty and Beast, etc.