PDA

View Full Version : help advice please

Tiggerlovr9000
08-23-2013, 07:31 PM
My sil has epilepsy and on our last trip she came to DL at night and had to leave right away because the blinking lights/strobe lights can cause a seizure. Here is my question when we go this time the guys will be fishing at big bear, so if my dd and I want to see the night shows we will have to leave my sil alone at the motel. Is this so rude that I shouldn't do it? My dd will be hurt if I don't go but don't want to abandon sil. It wouldn't bother me to stay at the motel if I was the one with epilepsy. Help!!!

tinkwest
08-23-2013, 07:40 PM
My advice is to simply ask her. I don't see anything wrong with saying "DD has really been looking forward to seeing the world of color show (or whatever the case may be). You don't mind if we go back to the parks for a few hours while you relax in the room, do you?"

Carol
08-24-2013, 07:25 AM
I agree with, Linda. Ask her. :)

Plus your SIL knows she cannot do it and I'm sure she wouldn't want you all to miss out. She, actually, might enjoy some quiet time at the hotel.

Mrs Bus Driver
08-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Speaking as a person with limitations, (mine are breathing) I prefer it when someone asks and doesn't just assume. I know best what I can and cannot tolerate and there are times when I would just rather rest and let others go about their business. That way I can do more the next day. Sometimes I can do more then people think I can if meds are working, so please ask her, then it is her decision and she won't feel slighted. It may be a matter of going with how she is feeling that day. So go with the flow :mickey: