PDA

View Full Version : MYW Package - What Comes in the Mail?

Williams5
08-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Ok, so my older 2 (11 and 8) have asked several times that we surprise them next time we go to Disney World.

We have it set up so well that I bet we could almost drive through the entrace gate before they have any clue - but we are going to surprise them during that drive day on the day we will arrive.

I am having a hard time keeping my kids from getting the mail. And if they get the mail, the surprise might be busted. Does anyone know when they ship the envelope with the luggage tags in it and/or how long the custom maps take to arrive? We are like 50 days out atm.

Mickey'sIrishPAl
08-23-2013, 08:46 AM
We got ours at around the 15 day mark. I received mine from our wonderful Magical Journeys agent, Debbie so i do not know how that affected the amount of time it took to get from Disney World to us (If you booked straight through Disney, they will send it to you and not the agents). In the package you will receive your luggage tags, your package perks (discount booklet, arcade credit voucher, miniature gold passes, Planet Hollywood discount vouchers, etc.)
Hope this helps!! :mickey:

Tink1
08-23-2013, 09:00 AM
They print about 40-42 days prior to arrival then are mailed (sometimes the same day, sometimes not) They come in a very Disney envelope.

If you booked with an agent, tell her it is a surprise and to send it in a plain envelope.

If you booked directly with Disney, you are going to either have to beat the kids to the mailbox, or have one of your neighbors do it!

Nanci

CaptSmee
08-23-2013, 10:20 AM
We always get our about 30 days prior...nice surprise :cool:

Scorpiosammy
08-24-2013, 04:26 PM
We are sitting at about only 17 days ahead and still have not received our packet from Disney, so it might be closer to 2 weeks prior? (I hope lol) :mickey:

MargaretMessler
08-24-2013, 07:24 PM
We leave in a week and a half, and I've had my packet for at least a month. We booked directly with Disney. I did get the custom maps on our last trip, and I want to say those took around a month, but I'm not certain.

Enlist the help of a friendly neighbor ;)

vamaggie
08-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Enlist the help of a friendly neighbor ;)

This is what I would suggest. :thumbsup: One of our neighbors does this all the time for us with Christmas/birthday presents

etibbetts
08-25-2013, 05:24 PM
I got mine at 35 days out. I booked directly with Disney. If you book with a travel agent, your package will be shipped to them, then they will ship it to you.

I also just got a letter about not having a fridge. That's all I have gotten for Mickey mail so far.

steamboat willy
08-27-2013, 05:32 PM
We are 36 days out and ours came in the mail yesterday. Are you close to your post office? Put a hold on your mail and go by and pick uo until your vacation packet arrive, then resume mail?
Just an idea.

Goofy Texan
09-02-2013, 04:14 PM
Disney sends me advertising from time-to-time. When your package info arrives, just tell the kids it's an advertisement. I've done this in the past with my teenagers and they were perfectly fine with the explanation.