PDA

View Full Version : Snacks

whitney37354
08-21-2013, 02:46 PM
We have 3 ADR's for our October trip. Otherwise, we will eat breakfast at our campsite at Ft. Wilderness & bring snacks to the parks for lunch/dinner, with maybe a CS meal or two thrown in. We're trying to save $ by not buying so many meals in the parks. I know we have to have a soft sided cooler & we'll bring bottled water, but does anyone have ideas for the snacks we should bring? I could make pb&j, but otherwise, I'm not coming up with much! TIA

Arielfan98
08-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Trail mix has a lot of protein and granola will also provide a lot of nutrition.

GoBlueLacheta
08-22-2013, 01:17 PM
May seem kind of outside of the proverbial box, but protein bars with lower sugar levels tend to be filling meal replacements and usually have a plethora of flavors. Quest bars tend to be very tasty and are low sugar.

Dulcee
08-22-2013, 02:00 PM
We've carried a small cooler with an ice pack and put in cubed cheese, crackers, pepperoni and salami. It worked great for me since I tend to be anti-cold sandwiches.

Mfarquar
08-23-2013, 01:05 PM
May seem kind of outside of the proverbial box, but protein bars with lower sugar levels tend to be filling meal replacements and usually have a plethora of flavors. Quest bars tend to be very tasty and are low sugar.

Agree! Balance Bars come in a lot of flavors, and are well, balanced!

They're high protein and are created to avoid any kind of sugar rush. I run around a lot for work and sometimes don't have time to eat - these are a GREAT solution and are always easy to carry.

Susan A
08-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Like raisins? There are little boxes of raisins.
Dry cereal in little baggies
All natural fruit strips. Target sells their own brand of organic fruit strips at reasonable prices. The have strips, bars and "nuggets".

Eric87
08-31-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm a big proponent of cliff bars. I would carry around fresh fruit such as apples, bananas, or anything else that can easily be eaten on the go. If you have ice packs, Bring in things like yogurt or carrot sticks. Also, the big box stores carry the multi packs of specific cookies and crackers. Stash a few of those as well.

PlutoToo
08-31-2013, 06:37 PM
If you'll have a small cooler, what about celery strips, baby carrots, broccoli and cauliflower florets?

ANG
09-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Protein bars, nuts, granola, dried fruit, apples, pears, celery, crackers, etc. I also like to bring a candy bar to enjoy when I'm drooling over the Disney sweets.

magicofdisney
09-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Beef jerky if you like some solid protein. I've done this before.

steamboat willy
09-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Lance peanut butter & cheese crackers, frozen grapes, bag of nuts & tootsie pops for desert!:cool: