PDA

View Full Version : A really dumb question POFQ-POR

WDWCrazyKaren
08-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Sorry about the absurdity of the following question, but does anyone know if the boat to DTD still plays the Miley Cyrus song, Party in the USA when coming into to dock area when arriving at the Marketplace? It has for a number of years, and it's just a funny source of amusement for our family.

Do you know?

Thanks!

#1donaldfan
08-21-2013, 01:44 PM
I have taken that boat to DtD now for 10 years, at least twice a trip and I have not once heard that, or any song being played !! I do remember the hummm of the motor putting me to sleep though ..... :confused:

PCruzer
08-22-2013, 11:09 AM
It was played last Sept. as you reached the DTD dock. Wish they would change it...not a big Miley Cyrus fan!

We LOVE Disney
08-22-2013, 03:42 PM
I have taken that boat to DtD now for 10 years, at least twice a trip and I have not once heard that, or any song being played !! I do remember the hummm of the motor putting me to sleep though ..... :confused:

Ditto! I've ridden the boat to DTD several times from POR and have NEVER heard any music being played! We haven't been there since June of 2012 so maybe it has changed since then :confused:

purplestarlisa
08-27-2013, 06:50 PM
We were there last November, and they absolutely played it!!

waymickey
08-27-2013, 08:02 PM
After the VMA's I hope they take all Miley out of the parks.

PCruzer
08-27-2013, 08:11 PM
After the VMA's I hope they take all Miley out of the parks.
Me, too!

Opus X
08-27-2013, 08:45 PM
After the VMA's...I wish Miley was ON the BoaT...:cool:
Honestly though....She accomplished what she wanted. We are ALL talking about it...From the Nightly news to the Morning shows and all in between.
It may have been....jaw dropping...but id say she knew exactly what she was doing.

MCeee
08-27-2013, 09:54 PM
After the VMA's...I wish Miley was ON the BoaT...:cool:

:silly:

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-27-2013, 11:22 PM
They still play it. I didn't notice it at all, but as we arrived at DTD, DD commented "isn't that Miley Cyrus singing". So, it is still there. :(

WDWCrazyKaren
08-30-2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks for all of the comments! We are definitely NOT Miley fans (I NEED to make certain you know that!), but that song just holds some funny family memories. It's been playing for a number of years now, and while Ms. Cyrus may have totally derailed civilization to it's core last week, at least we still have DTD!