PDA

View Full Version : Which Resort (?)

Ms. Mode
08-21-2013, 09:49 AM
DH and I have started planning for our 25th Anniversary trip in November 2014; he has told me to pick the resort. We stayed at The Contemporary last year and it was wonderful but he likes to try new resorts, so on the short list we have:

Poly
Yacht Club
Boardwalk

I'm really undecided here! On the one hand I would LOVE to stay at the Poly...but, on the other hand I think the location of the Yacht Club and the pool would be cool.

Which would you choose and why? Any insite is appreciated. :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
08-21-2013, 10:14 AM
I think YC would be a good choice for 2014. I like BW (except for the clown) but for 2 adults I think YC is more toned down. I hesitate to say Poly for next year. There were all sorts of permits filed and approved at the end of July which may signal the start of construction around the water and the GCH in the near future followed by the rumored DVC.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-21-2013, 10:46 AM
I vote Yacht Club too:thumbsup:

AgentC
08-21-2013, 11:03 AM
I am a little torn.

Yacht Club is one of my favorite resorts. It is a great resort for adults. The theming is beautiful. Stormalong Bay is a fabulous pool and you have the small beach area as an extra. I also think the lounge at the Yacht Club is very nice.

We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn last December. We were in a standard room but faced the courtyard with the garden suites and the quiet pool. If it is within your budget, the garden suites are adorable and would be very nice for an anniversary trip.

Belle of the Ball 051411
08-21-2013, 11:20 AM
I stayed at the Yacht Club for the first time in April and really enjoyed it. I LOVED being so close to Epcot.

Dulcee
08-21-2013, 11:51 AM
I'm torn also!

You really can't go wrong with any of them.

I love, love, love the Poly and love staying on the Monorail.

I love being able to walk back to the Yacht Club or Boardwalk at the end of the day from Epcot. If your a family who will end most nights in Epcot I'd go Yacht Club or Boardwalk. Otherwise I'd go Poly.

SBETigg
08-21-2013, 12:22 PM
I think it's a good year to try the Yacht Club due to all the Poly construction rumors.

buzznwoodysmom
08-21-2013, 03:10 PM
I would be torn between poly and YC, we didn't care at all for Boardwalk.

Given all the recent rumors of major construction going on at the Poly next year I think I would definitely pick YC this time.

VWL Mom
08-21-2013, 03:15 PM
If it is within your budget, the garden suites are adorable and would be very nice for an anniversary trip.

Cindy, I forgot all about them. What a great suggestion!

Ms. Mode
08-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the info on the Poly construction; we have stayed at resorts where construction was going on before and it caused little to no problem...BUT...I don't want that at the Poly. It's a bit "close" there, if you know what I mean. Probably save that resort for another time.

So, I told my DH that the Yacht Club seemed to be winning and he said, "Where is that resort? What's it look like, I can't place it?" We have been past the Yacht Club more times than I can count and he can't remember it? I finally pulled up pictures on Google to jog his memory. :thumbsup:

renecat
08-22-2013, 01:51 PM
You have made a great choice. If you want to really spoil yourselves do the club level. My sister and I stayed club level last year and it was a great time. We were in a room next to the lounge and found we could see fireworks from our balcony. We are headed back there in October.