PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella on Broadway

Katzateer
08-20-2013, 07:44 AM
I have an Amtrak ticket I got a few months ago to go to NYC for the day. Have been watching for Broadway tickets that I can afford.

Last night I found a great price for Cinderella- my favorite movie with Leslie Ann Warren:cloud9: when I was a kid.

When the seating choice came up to show the best available seating it was front row center! I have always gotten front mezzanine seating. Do you think the seats will be too close to see the entire production ?. Will be exciting to see the actors up so close!

Arielfan98
08-21-2013, 11:53 PM
Hello! Not sure if I'll be of any help but I live an hour drive from the city and often visit for Broadway shows and delicious dining. Ironically today one of my friends saw Cinderella and she did happen to take a picture of the stage from her POV. It looked as if she was maybe in the 7th row. The picture shows a selected view of people in the front row. From what I can see they are very close to the stage but I would not miss the opportunity to steal a front row center seat no matter what. It's up to you but I would go for it! :thumbsup:

Katzateer
08-22-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the info! Where s your favorite place to eat that would be close to the area? I will be alone and have not figured out what else I will do with my day. I arrive around 8:30 am and leave at 6pm.

I have been to Ellen's Starlight diner and a few deli's and ramen noodle places, Also Shula's and the burger place that as long lines(can't think of the name). Earl of Sandwich.

Any suggestions?

Arielfan98
08-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info! Where s your favorite place to eat that would be close to the area? I will be alone and have not figured out what else I will do with my day. I arrive around 8:30 am and leave at 6pm.

I have been to Ellen's Starlight diner and a few deli's and ramen noodle places, Also Shula's and the burger place that as long lines(can't think of the name). Earl of Sandwich.

Any suggestions?

My family tends to wing it every time. I'm not sure about your price range. If you're willing to spend a little bit of money if you walk around the city you'll find French restaurants that I highly recommend. I always order Steak-frites which is a steak served with french fries. I'm not exactly sure of the locations we've been as we try something new every time but if you walk around you'll find nice sit down French eateries. Otherwise we did find a nice sit down burger place. The city also offers excellent BBQ dining as well as cheaper options like Planet Hollywood and Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. I would look towards the outskirts of Times Square to find good restaurants.

SBETigg
08-22-2013, 05:01 PM
The seating will be fabulous. I've seen a few productions from that area, not in that theater, and it's generally a pretty breathtaking view. You can see little details that you miss from further back. I think you'll be pleased with it.

Dining, there's a French place with some sidewalk seating called Maison near there, which is reasonable. Trattoria Dell'Arte isn't far from there, I think. Pasta Lovers closer to Rock Center is pretty decent, too.

Scar
08-22-2013, 05:08 PM
I sat 5th row for Beauty and the Beast in the Lunt-Fontaine theater and it was great. 1st row would have been better. Never been to The Broadway Theater.

Katzateer
08-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I am getting very excited to see the show. Thinking about going to an art museum but haven't decided. I want to stay in the Times Square area this trip so will just decide when I get there. Not much will be open when my train gets in so I may just go grab a Starbucks and sit in Times Square until the stores open. Hope the weather is good!

Arielfan98
08-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I am getting very excited to see the show. Thinking about going to an art museum but haven't decided. I want to stay in the Times Square area this trip so will just decide when I get there. Not much will be open when my train gets in so I may just go grab a Starbucks and sit in Times Square until the stores open. Hope the weather is good!

Well please do enjoy your day and let me know how it turned out. I am a theater enthusiast myself and I am looking forward to seeing Newsies in November.

NJDad
08-23-2013, 06:14 AM
Places not mentioned that we have been known to enjoy pre or post-theatre:

Esca's (43rd and 9th) Italian

Virgil's (44th near Broadway) BBQ

Toloache (50th near 8th) Mexican

Lille's Victorian Bar & Restaurant (49th near 8th) Pub with theme park style decor

Zuni (9th and 43rd) "New American"

Five Napkin Burger (9th and 44th) Burgers!

Delta Grill (9th and 48th) Cajun

Shorty's (9th and 41st) Philly cheesesteaks/bar

The more touristy places that we go when we have to:

Carmine's, John's Pizza, Ollie's Noodle House

Next on the list to try, heard good things:

Anejo Tequileria (1oth and 47th) Mexican

And another fast food besides the mentioned but unnamed Shake Shack (8th Ave):
Schnipper's Quality Kitchen (8th and 41st)

Clearly we stick to the western edge of the Theatre district for the most part.

Katzateer
08-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Shake Shack! That's the burger place I went to. The line was crazy.

Thanks for all those suggestions!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
08-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Shake Shack! That's the burger place I went to. The line was crazy.

Thanks for all those suggestions!:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, my daughter loves Shake Shack but they get crazy busy. I'm overdue for a visit to the city! You're making me want to go back. :)

Katzateer
08-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Oh yeah, my daughter loves Shake Shack but they get crazy busy. I'm overdue for a visit to the city! You're making me want to go back. :)

:thumbsup: Hope you get to go back soon. My last trip I was supposed to meet Ellen, but didn't realize she was so ill at the time and it didn't happen.:(. Maybe sometime we could try a meet.....and see a show. I try to go on a Wednesday for a matinee but could go on a Saturday if I know a few weeks ahead to get off work.