PDA

View Full Version : Best resort for the holidays price & decorations

Crow
08-16-2013, 11:26 PM
what would you say is the best resort for holiday decorations and price in for the wk after Thanksgiving without being too much. it looks like some of the prices on resorts w more décor are higher.
my fav resort is WL.

Pirate Granny
08-16-2013, 11:53 PM
OMG WL is beautiful during the holidays...my favorite...AKL is next...I think it's the huge trees and the huge lobbies. Although the gingerbread house is nice, I'm not a fan of the GF, but it also has a huge tree. Contemporary has tree is outside and I thought the decorations were not that great, not a fan of the poly decorations either.

Crow
08-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Ive never stayed at GF and don't really have a desire to.
WL & AKL I like...WL def more.
I don't know how much the mods or values are decorated for the holidays.

Katzateer
08-17-2013, 07:24 AM
I think all the resorts are beautiful. No matter which one you decide to stay at, be sure to go visit all of the moderate and deluxe. They all have a charm of their own.

My favorite is GF.:cloud9:

Kenny1113
08-17-2013, 08:09 AM
I know this has probably been mentioned here before...

When do the resort decorations start to go up?
Thanks

buzznwoodysmom
08-17-2013, 11:13 AM
it looks like some of the prices on resorts w more décor are higher.

The amount of Christmas decor has nothing to do with the price of the resorts. Just so happens Disney decorates their deluxe resorts more than the moderates and values, and the deluxe resorts are always priced higher.

I would go with WL, hands down. To me it's the most impressive resort during the holidays and its the cheapest of the deluxe resorts (along with AKL).

Where ever you stay, be sure to set aside time to at least visit most of the deluxe resorts. They are all decorated beautifully foe the holidays.

AgentC
08-17-2013, 12:35 PM
I know this has probably been mentioned here before...

When do the resort decorations start to go up?
Thanks

Usually the week before or week of Thanksgiving.

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Grand Floridian is gorgeously decorated as is Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. As I recall Coronado Springs was lovely during the holidays as well.

spoiledraf
08-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Just an observation. Discount rooms for the holidays are going fast or gone already as well as select times for dining reservations for most restaurants. I tried to add a day and no go. Deluxe Discounts rooms the first week of December are booked solid according to CM. So you better make a decision and get on it.
Good Luck

Crow
08-18-2013, 03:18 PM
I was joking about the higher price places w more décor..just seemed that prices were higher then Oct and ive heard the crowds are less right after Thanksgiving. Ill have to see what time off I can get

Kenny1113
08-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Usually the week before or week of Thanksgiving.

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Lindsey310
08-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Love the WL decorations but the Boardwalk has really beautiful decorations also with the gingerbread stitch carousel and Christmas trees. :mickey:

Darbylew
08-18-2013, 05:10 PM
We love all the resorts at Christmas time. Don't
miss the gingerbread house at GF. You can just go over and see it even if you are not staying there. It is worth the trip and do the Christmas party it is great as well. The dancing lights at
DS is something you don't want to miss either.
The Boardwalk has a lot of gingerbread houses to see as well. There is so much to see. So I
think all the resorts are so pretty. Sometimes we just tour the resorts to see the decorations.
:tree::santa::deer:

Crow
08-19-2013, 11:25 AM
checking some prices now..my trip is gonna b pushed from Oct til wk after Thanksgiving so lets see whats available.

#1donaldfan
08-19-2013, 11:48 AM
I love the AKL theming and they have some incredible decor going on...however for vaule, atomosphere and not being stingy with the Christmas decor would have to be Riverside !! It's a moderate, priced well under a deluxe and they decorate it up in a big way. Plus Riverside has that, home, relaxed, warm feel to it anyway !!

As mentioned, please take time to resort hop during this time of year. There are so many things we all miss by just going to the parks. My favorite resorts to visit, (I've never wanted to stay there) are the ones on the board walk. They have full size decorations made from chocolate. A sight to see. :mickey:

Crow
08-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Nov 30 for first 3 nights will be at WL..my fav. and a decent price.

Opus X
08-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I assume you are speaking of Christmas decorations...Yes, i agree, W.L. is GREAT for Christmas.
Halloween, We have not been during Halloween so no opinion there.

Crow
08-28-2013, 10:50 PM
yes Christmas decorations.

Crow
09-11-2013, 02:45 AM
no luck renting pts at a DVC so it looks like my last 3 nights will have to be somewhere else. right now I already have WL booked for 3 nights on Nov 30. then at the moment I see CSR cheaper for the next 2 nights instead of 3 nights. some other places are the same, so im guessing people are arriving on a Thursday which means less availability. I might do CSR or POFQ for 2 nights then an allstar or AOA for my last night. I do like CSR
looking at some Christmas resort decoration videos. any feedback on decorations at CSR, POFQ or allstars

Disney Doll
09-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Passing along a tip we learned here on Intercot when we did a trip last December. The resorts that are heavily decorated tend to attract lots of visitors who just want to tour the decorations. Since we like our resort to be a getaway from the hussle and bussle of the parks we decided to stay at Saratoga to avoid the crowds. It still felt plenty Christmasy and since we had meals at some of the other resorts we still got to see the Christmas decor at some of the more popular resorts.

Crow
09-11-2013, 04:52 PM
yes that's a good tip. Im leaning towards 2 nights at CSR w a rate of $154 preferred or $135 standard. then a night maybe at Allstars around $78

Lindsey310
09-11-2013, 05:13 PM
no luck renting pts at a DVC so it looks like my last 3 nights will have to be somewhere else. right now I already have WL booked for 3 nights on Nov 30. then at the moment I see CSR cheaper for the next 2 nights instead of 3 nights. some other places are the same, so im guessing people are arriving on a Thursday which means less availability. I might do CSR or POFQ for 2 nights then an allstar or AOA for my last night. I do like CSR
looking at some Christmas resort decoration videos. any feedback on decorations at CSR, POFQ or allstars

How about POR? It's my favorite moderate :mickey:

38 days!!!!!!! :joy:

Crow
09-11-2013, 11:54 PM
POR was either not available or more...so I just booked 2 nights at CSR for $270.78.
now just the final night to book.