PDA

View Full Version : 1st day of F&W Festival

etibbetts
08-15-2013, 11:59 AM
We are leaving Disney on the morning of 9/28, so 9/27 is my last park day. Since that is the start of F&W Festival, I'd really like to check it out - I've never been.

How crazy will the first day be? I'd really like to sample some food and see Starship perform that night. Any tips?

Is it worth stopping in the Chase lounge (I have a Chase Disney Visa)?

Thanks!

AgentC
08-15-2013, 12:23 PM
I went the first day last year. Since it is a Friday, the afternoon is not bad. I found it busy but not overwhelmingly so. In the afternoon there was never more than 3 or 4 people in line in front of me at the booths.

The evening is a different story. It will be extremely busy because a lot of locals come over. It does affect the attractions very much but walking through the World Showcase can be very difficult especially near the popular booths.

I think you will be okay at the Starship concert. If you want a seat I would go over a little early, but there have been a few where I just stood in the back without a problem.

I have mixed feelings on the Chase Lounge. They have free soda, candy and charging stations so it is a nice place to relax, however every time I went last year it was super crowded.

Have a great time. Opening day of F&W is a lot of fun!

AgentC
08-15-2013, 12:47 PM
I just saw a post that they changed the location of the Chase Lounge this year. Hopefully that will make it less crowded! :)