PDA

View Full Version : The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Special Event

VWL Mom
08-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Special event taking place from january 24 - 26, 2014

From Universal

Come and celebrate all of Harry’s adventures at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™. From interactive experiences to a private evening reception and more, this exciting event will be three days of unforgettable fun for all ages, set against the backdrop of two amazing theme parks.

Q&A sessions with the cast members and filmmakers
A wand masterclass hosted by choreographer Paul Harris, duelling instructor for the feature films
Opportunities to explore Hogwarts™ castle, and shop and dine in Hogsmeade™ at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™
An exciting Harry Potter™ Film Tribute with select cast members and filmmakers
Thrilling rides, including:
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™
Dragon Challenge™

Complete information on the celebration can be found on the Universal (https://www.universalorlando.com/landing/harry-potter-celebration.aspx) site.

DizneyFreak2002
08-14-2013, 08:03 PM
This is supposed to be a yearly thing starting next year... Was only a matter of time before we saw Harry Potter Weekend (weekends maybe if this is hugely successful)...

Mfarquar
08-14-2013, 11:25 PM
I think this has the potential to be a huge moneymaker for the park and help ensure the connection to the brand via the theme park experience for guests, regardless of how much time passes. I totally agree with DisneyFreak2002 that this may morph into weekends.Good call, Universal.

DizneyFreak2002
08-15-2013, 04:55 PM
I think this has the potential to be a huge moneymaker for the park and help ensure the connection to the brand via the theme park experience for guests, regardless of how much time passes. I totally agree with DisneyFreak2002 that this may morph into weekends.Good call, Universal.

Tis the plan... :thumbsup:

Wonder why January? One of the slowest times of the year... The idea is to help bring up attendance during this time period...

Mfarquar
08-15-2013, 08:55 PM
I figured that would be the reason for January as well. Plus, the theming of the current HP area will fit in nicely with chilly temperatures!

Star Wars weekends better up their game now that Disney has the full rights!

This may be the beginning of a fantasy weekend war... haha