PDA

View Full Version : New Life Chapter Begins

marlyn
08-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Well, I knew this day would come eventually. My twin boys are off to University next week. We live in British Columbia, Canada and they are going to University of Alaska in Anchorage.

I'm very proud as they have both been offered an NCAA track & Field scholarship. While I'm going to miss them, I'm so excited for them. This is going to be such a great opportunity for them to go to school and compete for this awesome university!

Go Seawolves!:cheer::cheer::hurdle:

VWL Mom
08-12-2013, 09:04 PM
Congratulations, both of them getting athletic scholarships is awesome! Besides the money, you also have a built in watchman making sure they study and keep their grades up. NCAA is very strict about that and I think for my son it's playing a huge part in how well he's doing. I wish them well.

Having two leave at once is going to be a big change. I hope it goes smoothly for you but we're here if you need us :blush:

marlyn
08-12-2013, 09:12 PM
Thank you Lynn! I feel so fortunate that they have this opportunity! They have team mates waiting to greet them and an awesome coaching staff to help guide them! :thumbsup:

disney obsessed
08-12-2013, 10:00 PM
How wonderful:cool:

Jeff
08-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Congrats to your boys!:thumbsup:
Good luck with your adjustment!

Ms. Mode
08-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Love your postitive attitude! What a great opportunity for your sons. I'm just curious, how far away is this school from your home?

faline
08-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Best of luck to your boys as they head off to school!!

Life is different when the kids go off to college - be sure to enjoy the extra time it provides to you!!

marlyn
08-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Love your postitive attitude! What a great opportunity for your sons. I'm just curious, how far away is this school from your home?

It's a 3 hr flight from Vancouver but its also a 3 hr trip for me to get to the Vancouver airport from Vancouver island (maybe more depending on ferry schedules)

princessgirls
08-13-2013, 11:17 AM
I can only imagine what a bittersweet time this is for you.

Congratulations to your sons!!!

Julie:mickey: