PDA

View Full Version : Live on the I10 Day 9 Finale We made it

Disney4us2
08-11-2013, 11:08 PM
This was our last travel day. We made it to Kissimmee.

We left Pensacola around 7:30am. I knew it would be a very L O N G drive. We made minimal stops and got to the Studio 6 around 5pm. We checked into the room and it is adequate. After some of the rooms we had this one is really nice. It has a kitchenette with cook top,microwave and toaster and a fridge/freezer. It really feels good not to have to pack up and have another travel day.

I loved the scenery on this drive. So beautiful. I am really suprised that we made it 2 days earlier than I thought.

I got my Sun Pass yesterday and mounted it this morning. Glad I did as Mr. GPS took me on the turnpike. I got confused with one of the toll booths and exited the turnpike near Leesburg/Clermont. I hope it was mounted in the right spot (center near the rear view mirror). If not I wll be getting a notice/ticket. The drive through Clermont was very pretty. I am glad I got to see it as it is one of the areas I am considering.

Finally made it to the main street....wow what a zoo that street is.

We ordered dinner in from one of the menu's in the room. I was too tired to go out and drive anywhere. The food was ok and very exensive. At least I was able to stay put.

Tomorrow we head to Winterhaven. There are a couple of apartments that I am interested in and have been in contact with the rental offices. I am hoping to get a 2 bedroom at Wahneta Palms.... if not there, at the Villas at Lake Smart. Hopefully I can move in quickly.

After seeing the apartments. time to drop Ginger off at the room and go to the super Target for some food and other assorted items. If we have time, I hope to pop in at WDW to upgrade Jessica's pass to the Premier pass and get a TIW card.

In conclusion..... this was a nice LONG road trip. I loved visiting my relatives and seeing the sights across the country.

Motel 6.... not my hotel of choice. Traveling with a dog makes it a challenge and Motel 6 does not have pet fees..The studio 6 does though. Just have to make due until we get settled in.

Thanks for joining in on our cross country trip. Hope to post some pictures to photobucket.

wildernesslady
08-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Good luck with the apartment hunt. Glad your journey was safe.

buzznwoodysmom
08-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Yay!! You guys made it.

Hope the apartment hunt goes well and y'all can settle into your new life!

faline
08-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Hope you find the ideal apartment!

cer
08-12-2013, 11:37 AM
:party:

Happy for you!

Best wishes on your search for a new home!

Ms. Mode
08-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Glad you arrived safely! Good luck on the apartment hunt. :)

disney obsessed
08-12-2013, 03:14 PM
Yay! So glad you arrived safe and sound.:cool:

disney obsessed
08-23-2013, 11:35 PM
So, hows it going?

Disney4us2
08-27-2013, 10:00 AM
So, hows it going?

I have updated in the WDW trip reports. Come join us over there:mickey: