PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for a cinnamon bun?

DaisylovesDonald
08-11-2013, 09:07 PM
I am/was one of the biggest Main Street Bakery fans on the planet. It was like walking into Mom's kitchen for me. We always took a 1/2 dozen chocolate chip cookies back to our resort room so I could have milk and cookies before bed for the entire trip. I realize I can get the cookies elsewhere on property (although, it will NOT be the same), but what about the piping hot, icing melting along the sides....cinnamon buns? I can't recall seeing them anywhere else? (preferably at the Magic Kingdom, so I can have breakfast looking out towards the castle)

Kicking and screaming will not bring back my favorite bakery, and since I am not a coffee drinker, I will most likely not find any use for Starbucks. But, I'm hoping I can start some new traditions at a new spot in WDW!

SBETigg
08-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Gaston's Tavern in Fantasyland has cinnamon rolls. You can also find them at Starring Rolls in DHS and some resorts offer them, too.

DaisylovesDonald
08-12-2013, 09:32 PM
You just made my day! THANK YOU! I didn't realize Gaston's Tavern sold them!

A new tradition, sounds excellent!

LVT
08-14-2013, 10:47 PM
Gotta vote for Gaston's I went back a 2nd time.

disneynarula
08-15-2013, 03:49 AM
What?????? When did this change???? Starbucks????

Goofy4TheWorld
08-15-2013, 08:30 AM
Gaston's Tavern in Fantasyland has cinnamon rolls. You can also find them at Starring Rolls in DHS and some resorts offer them, too.

OK, I keep seeing this posted but remain confused...

Does Gaston's have cinnamon rolls for sell at breakfast, or just lunch? I assume dinner is out since it becomes an ADR location then.

Also, is the only way to get a cinnamon roll at the MK is to wait 45+ minutes to get the privilege of eating at Gaston's?

Please clarify. :confused:

Mfarquar
08-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Maybe there's a chance that the Starbucks will still offer the same baked items?

I'm throwing that out there because I had a couple of friends who worked for Starbucks for a long time. At least in the past, there were 2 types of Starbucks - corporate sites and franchised sites (think Barnes & Noble, Target).

In both scenarios, Starbucks has used local bakeries/companies to supply the majority of their baked goods. I have especially noticed these differences while on vacation in different cities - NYC vs. San Francisco vs. Dublin, etc. Sandwiches and oatmeal are pretty similar, baked items can vary. Again, I am not sure if this has changed. I'm not a Starbucks fan (I despise their coffee), but sometimes pop in while shopping for a healthy snack (great low carb options, which are sometimes organic).

That being said, Disney probably has close to 100% control of what food items are sold there. I would imagine it is possible that some, if not all, of the baked goods are coming from the old source.

Has anyone been there recently since the change over to see first hand what baked items are offered?

PopPhan
08-15-2013, 10:16 AM

Does Gaston's have cinnamon rolls for sell at breakfast, or just lunch? I assume dinner is out since it becomes an ADR location then.

Also, is the only way to get a cinnamon roll at the MK is to wait 45+ minutes to get the privilege of eating at Gaston's?

Be Our Guest is the ADR location in New FantasyLand. Gaston's Tavern is always a CS location.

SBETigg
08-15-2013, 11:24 AM

As previous poster Bud mentioned, you are confusing Gaston's for Be Our Guest. Gaston's Tavern is a separate place, a counter service, and open for breakfast hours. Easy to grab and go, or stay and sit, with no super long waits.

Goofy4TheWorld
08-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Be Our Guest is the ADR location in New FantasyLand. Gaston's Tavern is always a CS location.

As previous poster Bud mentioned, you are confusing Gaston's for Be Our Guest. Gaston's Tavern is a separate place, a counter service, and open for breakfast hours. Easy to grab and go, or stay and sit, with no super long waits.

Well I feel stupid! I never realized there was both a Gaston's and a Be Our Guest in the FLE, I just kind of merged them together in my head.

Did I mention I feel stupid?

Thanks!

SBETigg
08-15-2013, 02:47 PM

Thanks!

No need! That's why we're all here, to share information. I think it was an easy miss.

2MuchWDFun
08-15-2013, 07:14 PM

I just discovered that Kusafiri in AK has a Colossal Cinnamon Roll for $8.99. Haven't seen any pics of it & don't know if it is good. Anyone try it recently? The only reviews I could find were from 2009 and2010 and they weren't reviewing the Colossal Cinnamon Roll--just a mere mortal normal sized one!

VWL Mom
08-15-2013, 09:05 PM
I just discovered that Kusafiri in AK has a Colossal Cinnamon Roll for $8.99. Haven't seen any pics of it & don't know if it is good. Anyone try it recently? The only reviews I could find were from 2009 and2010 and they weren't reviewing the Colossal Cinnamon Roll--just a mere mortal normal sized one!

A little digging around but I couldn't find a picture. What I did find is that this is part of the new menu which was introduced earlier this month.

DFB's description

There’s a Warm Colossal Cinnamon Roll that’s family-sized. The mammoth pastry has a pull-apart consistency, and is served warm with a drizzle of caramel sauce, before it’s finished with white icing.

PopPhan
08-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Well I feel stupid! I never realized there was both a Gaston's and a Be Our Guest in the FLE, I just kind of merged them together in my head.

Thanks!

Not stupid by any means....maybe just a little Goofy!! :D

I've done similar things many times in the past and will do so many more times in the future.

2MuchWDFun
08-16-2013, 02:06 PM
A little digging around but I couldn't find a picture. What I did find is that this is part of the new menu which was introduced earlier this month.

DFB's description

The description of the colossal cinnamon bun sounds mind numbingly delicious.

DaisylovesDonald
08-16-2013, 10:17 PM
The description of the colossal cinnamon bun sounds mind numbingly delicious.

Oh wow! I must agree - the Colossal Cinnamon Roll sounds FABULOUS!!!! That is on my list for sure!

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

TheDuckRocks
08-17-2013, 04:48 PM
I have heard they are big enough to feed 4 easily.