PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits August 2013

Figment!
08-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Tidbits
August 2013

A Parking Predicament

8/11/13 As part of the Disney Springs construction project, three Downtown Disney area parking lots have closed with a fourth soon to close. Two of the parking lots in the Westside area (I and J) and the parking lot near Planet Hollywood (H) are now closed. Additionally, a third parking lot in the Westside area (K) is scheduled to also close soon. To compensate for the loss of these parking areas during peak crowd times, Guests will be directed to park in the Team Disney parking lot. A shuttle will transport Guests from the Team Disney parking lot across Buena Vista Drive to the Downtown Disney area.

New to View

8/11/13 The Animal Kingdom park has internally announced that a new non-published entertainment offering will begin August 14th in the Africa section of the park. A living Bamboo character will appear daily at 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm and 2:30 pm for 20 minute shows.

Culinary Closure

8/11/13 The Walt Disney Swan & Dolphin Resort has reduced its offerings of the Dinner Buffet at the Garden Grove restaurant. The dinning option has been indefinitely reduced to only being offered on Friday evenings.

Garden Goodness

8/11/13 The new Gardens Kiosk located in the Discovery Island section of Disney’s Animal Kingdom offers Guests information about the park’s accommodations for food allergies and special dietary needs. Additionally, the kiosk also offers a range of gluten-free snacks and gluten-free, Vegan desserts priced $2.49 - $3.99. The location also offers soft drinks and a gluten-free lager. The kiosk’s current operational hours are 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

More to Meet

8/11/13 Studios Cast have reported that the new Princess Sofia and revised Jake Meet & Greet will begin today, 8/11/13. Both Meet & Greets are currently scheduled to operate intermittently from 9:30 am - 5:30 pm.

7/5/13 The Animation Courtyard section of Disney’s Hollywood Studios will soon be adding a new Meet & Greet and upgrading an existing one. Beginning “Late Summer 2013”, Guests will be able to meet Princess Sofia at a new Enchancia themed Meet & Greet near the Disney Junior - Live on Stage! attraction. The already popular Jake Meet & Greet location is also planned to unveil a new pirate ship theme during the same time period.

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad to see a Sophia meet - I think it will be popular. :princess:

joanna71985
08-11-2013, 04:46 PM
I met her today. She is really cute!

DisneyDawgette
08-11-2013, 05:17 PM
I had that question about DTD when we left this morning! Glad to know that it was addressed!

VWL Mom
08-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the updates :thumbsup:

readytogo2
08-11-2013, 08:12 PM
good info as usual

KylesMom
08-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Oy vey - can you imagine the chaos it's going to be when folks are trying to get your parking spot when you pull out of the remaining open lots?!!! Thanks for the info! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
08-12-2013, 11:57 AM
Garden Goodness

8/11/13 The new Gardens Kiosk located in the Discovery Island section of Disney’s Animal Kingdom offers Guests information about the park’s accommodations for food allergies and special dietary needs. Additionally, the kiosk also offers a range of gluten-free snacks and gluten-free, Vegan desserts priced $2.49 - $3.99. The location also offers soft drinks and a gluten-free lager. The kiosk’s current operational hours are 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.

Do you know if kiosks like this one will make their way to the other three parks, or do some already exist? It would be wonderful if that's the case as I will be dining with a vegan next trip! She doesn't mind most of the time that there are limited options but I feel horrible (but not too horrible) diving into dessert and she has a bowl of fruit or nothing.

Figment!
08-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Do you know if kiosks like this one will make their way to the other three parks, or do some already exist? This is the first kiosk like this to open, although further locations have yet to be announced.

Based on past precedent, if this location is "successful"; similar ones will open in the other parks.

PopPhan
08-13-2013, 08:48 AM
New to View

8/11/13 The Animal Kingdom park has internally announced that a new non-published entertainment offering will begin August 14th in the Africa section of the park. A living Bamboo character will appear daily at 11:30 am, 12:30 pm, 1:30 pm and 2:30 pm for 20 minute shows.

Is this in addition to, or in place of, DeVine?

joanna71985
08-13-2013, 10:38 PM

In addition to

Figment!
08-14-2013, 09:16 PM

In addition to

DeVine can curently be found in the Oasis section at 9:00 am, 10:00 am & 11:00 am, 12:00 pm.

PopPhan
08-15-2013, 07:56 AM
In addition to

DeVine can curently be found in the Oasis section at 9:00 am, 10:00 am & 11:00 am, 12:00 pm.

THANKS!!!!! Can't wait to see them all in December!

Lindsey
08-21-2013, 01:37 PM
So happy to hear about the Gardens Kiosk at AK! :thumbsup: I'm heading to WDW this fall, and it will be my first time there on a vegan diet. I've been to the world while vegetarian, it was pretty easy, but I am a little worried about how easy it will be while vegan. Snack wise I know that WDW popcorn and soft pretzels are vegan, and of course all the small plates at the Terra Kiosk in Epcot are, but that is all I am aware of, (other then fruit and salads).

disneynarula
08-21-2013, 02:10 PM
[B]. Snack wise I know that WDW popcorn and soft pretzels are vegan, (other then fruit and salads).

I am pretty sure they have some sort of egg or milk product in the pretzels. I can't remember which one. DS is allerigic to both and there was something in the pretzel he was allergic too when I read the ingredient list.

Lindsey
08-23-2013, 01:24 PM
I am pretty sure they have some sort of egg or milk product in the pretzels. I can't remember which one. DS is allerigic to both and there was something in the pretzel he was allergic too when I read the ingredient list.

I've read on several vegan websites that the pretzels are vegan, and I asked a couple of cast members back in April. One did not know, but the other did confirm that they were vegan, (I wasn't vegan at the time, but was considering it so that is why I asked). Some locations offer cinnamon pretzels, those are not vegan. I guess I will ask again about the pretzels when I am there in October.

pdrlkr
08-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the update!:thumbsup: :mickey: