PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment at Boardwalk

mgmnut
08-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Can anyone tell me what kind of outside entertainment they may have at the Boardwalk Resort, such as street performers, etc.

Is there much to see and do in the evenings if just walking around? Are there any walk up places to eat or would we need to plan and make reservations somewhere? trying to keep the specific planning as light as possible.

On Monday 8/19 we plan on spending the day at Epcot and then hopping to DHS for EMH in the evening. I was thinking we could walk over to the Boardwalk, walk around and check things out, maybe grab dinner. We could then take a boat from there to DHS. It will be DW, DS and DD (almost 16 y/o twins) and myself so looking for something age appropriate.

VWL Mom
08-11-2013, 10:31 AM
It has been a couple of years since we stayed there but I remember watching jugglers & stilt walkers. In all fairness it did rain most of the time so they may not have been out. They had some carnival type games too but again some were closed up due to the weather. My boys were 14 and 17 at the time and enjoyed the atmosphere and games.

Both ESPN and Big River Grill are located on the BW and do not accept reservations so you'd be good for a walk-up. If there is some major sporting event on TV ESPN tends to get crowded.

Since the boat from Epcot to DHS stops there anyway I think it's worth the stop to look around.

Kaps
08-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Last trip we saw Juggling and a magic show performed and you always have the shops

mydisneygirls
08-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Last year was our first visit to Boardwalk and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I know they had magic acts and some other kind of performers (I just can't remember...it's age creeping up on me). We actually ate at Captain's Grille before we walked over. There is also Cape May where you could eat. One daughter wanted a snack so she got an ice cream sundae (can't remember the name of the place but its on the Boardwalk). It was big enough for 3 people.

I would say if you haven't been there, go!!!! You will enjoy it.

hauntedmansiongirl
08-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Your teens would love Beaches & Cream in the Beach Club. No reservations allowed and the food is great. Typical burgers, fries, onion rings, milkshakes and amazing sundaes. They also have "The Kitchen Sink" a huge sundae made of pretty much anything you can think of- including some full size chocolate bars. Great for teenagers!

There are buskers of various types on the Boardwalk but we've never been able to nail down a specific time when we'd see them. Eg. one night at 8pm they're there, next night at 8pm they weren't there. Maybe someone else knows the schedule.

Have a wonderful vacation!! :magic: