PDA

View Full Version : 1st week of February? First timer ....

Diznut
08-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Just curious if anyone could offer some comments on traveling to Disney the first week of February? This will our first time going that week. Crowds? Weather? Discounts?
We're already booked at AOA which we're excited about. Is it likely a promo will be rolled out for our dates?
Lastly, we're booked in a regular room (Little Mermaid). Anyone have luck getting "comp" upgrade to suite when traveling during a quieter time?
Thanks in advance!

Strmchsr
08-10-2013, 09:50 PM
You'll most likely enjoy the first week of Feb. Generally the south American tour groups start leaving that week and it's before the cheerleading and Dance teams arrive, so it's not a bad week in terms of crowds. Weather is iffy. Could be great, could be horrible. You just never know that time of the year. It can go from 80 to 50 and back again over the course of a vacation.

As for discounts, that's a little trickier to say. More than likely something will be released for that time of the year. However, most of the time (not always) the Little Mermaid section is excluded at a minimum and often the whole AoA resort is excluded from the discount. You might have to decide whether you'd rather stay at AoA or have the discount. Since it's still new it's extremely popular (which also means the chances of an "upgrade" to a suite are pretty much nil) which is why they'll discount the other values, but not AoA. So, you might want to have a plan B on the resort.

Gator
08-14-2013, 01:06 AM
This is my favorite week to show up at WDW, hands down. I've never experienced bad weather in the month of February. Always perfect 70s to 80s, no humidity, and little rain. Dec and Jan can bring cold spells, but I've never seen one hit in Feb.

The down side is that Splash Mt will most probably be down. Other than that, you'll have short lines, especially on Super Bowl Sunday, and great weather.

As for the discount, we always are ready to go where the discount is offered. It may mean we don't get our hotel of choice, but money talks. Have a great vacation! I'm jealous.

disneynarula
08-14-2013, 07:37 AM
That used to be a favorite time for us to go. Weather and crowds should be good. It may be too cold to swim on some days depending on how well they heat the pool. You might still need long sleeves in the evenings.

As another poster said you don't always get discounts at AoA. If you are hoping for a discount you might want to look into another resort.

I don't know about getting an upgrade. The suites are more than twice the price of the standard rooms. The family suites are also very popular.

Did you book with Magical Journeys? If a discount becomes available they will apply if for you.