PDA

View Full Version : Very magical upgrade !

waymickey
08-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Just got back from the Beach Club. I was very nervous about staying there after reading reviews and I am happy to report that the resort was great. No bad smells, it was clean and super friendly staff. The best thing was I got a super upgrade. We had booked a garden view and was upgraded to Club level water view!!! WOW I didn't ask questions just took it and enjoyed it. I did not ask for anything when we arrived, the CM said we are upgrading you to a water view. When someone came to show us to our room I realized we got more than a water view.:mickey: The club is small but there was always room for us. And the food was limited but very good.

The only con was transportation which is very bad.

VWL Mom
08-10-2013, 05:18 PM
What a wonderful surprise, glad you enjoyed it.

faline
08-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Congrats on the upgrade!!

brownie
08-11-2013, 10:57 AM

What challenges did you have with transportation?

waymickey
08-11-2013, 11:43 AM
The bus line was very long and if the bus filled up at YC first it did not stop at BC. One morning the line for MK was back to the bridge. The bus monitor said the last two busses did not stop at BC since they were already full. We watched 3 buses to AK and Blizzard beach and 2 busses for typhoon lagoon/ DTD come and go. Then after 30 minutes 3 buses showed up for MK. We were in the middle of the line people at the front were waiting close to an hour for a bus.
On the same day when we wanted to return to the BC we waited at MK for over 30 minutes for a bus. We got on the bus when it came; standing room only and it had no AC. I called transportation when I got back and bus transportation did improve after that.
Boats are slow, it is faster to walk which we did when we were not too hot or tired.
No transportation form the BC is direct there is always a stop somewhere before your destination and what ever you do do not take the Downtown Bus back to your resort. It was never ending with stops at typhoon lagoon then swan then dolphin then YC then BC.

hauntedmansiongirl
08-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Sorry about the buses!! But what an awesome upgrade!!

AvonleaCF
08-11-2013, 04:29 PM
I'm disappointed to hear about the bad transportation, as I'll be staying there in a few weeks. :(

Does anyone know if this is always the case with BC buses?

Dixiemom
08-11-2013, 05:13 PM
Congrats on the upgrade! We stayed at the BC last October, and I must admit I was crossing my fingers for an upgrade from our standard view, as we were celebrating our 25th anniversary. But all we got was a button. Woo.

waymickey
08-11-2013, 10:14 PM
The Upgrade was awesome and truly magical. We never expected it. We kept thinking that someone messed up and it would be only a matter of time before they realized it and kicked us out. We jumped the first night when we heard a knock on our door. But it was only mousekeeping asking if we wanted turn down service. My DH just stood there confused, the Mouse keeper smiled handed him chocolate and said relax and enjoy your vacation! So we ate chocolate and did just that. The only down side is now we are spoiled!:blush:

spoiledraf
08-11-2013, 10:18 PM
I'm disappointed to hear about the bad transportation, as I'll be staying there in a few weeks. :(

Does anyone know if this is always the case with BC buses?

Unfortunately we have experienced extended waits, although not quite to the stated degree. It's great being able to walk to 2 resorts but MK can be a pain. We have since changed to monorail resorts. And use cabs occasionally as we'll.

nstarv
08-14-2013, 05:30 AM
Just got back from the Beach Club. I was very nervous about staying there after reading reviews and I am happy to report that the resort was great. No bad smells, it was clean and super friendly staff. The best thing was I got a super upgrade. We had booked a garden view and was upgraded to Club level water view!!! WOW I didn't ask questions just took it and enjoyed it. I did not ask for anything when we arrived, the CM said we are upgrading you to a water view. When someone came to show us to our room I realized we got more than a water view.:mickey: The club is small but there was always room for us. And the food was limited but very good.

As is with everything at WDW, it is based on when you go.

Middle of the summer is crowded, but Christmas is insane, yet third week in September is dead.

So, from Beach Club, you can walk or take the boat to Hollywood Studios. You can walk to EPCOT. From there, you can take the monorail to the Transportation Center, then switch to the MK monorail. First thing in the morning, the monorail from EPCOT should be relatively empty.

azcavalier
08-14-2013, 09:09 AM
We'll be at the Beach Club in ten days! Can't wait! We went through Magical Journeys, and booked a standard room. Karen emailed us a while later, and since we have APs, they released an AP discount that made it cheaper for us to get a water view than stay in our standard view room. Sweet! Love Karen!

The bus line was very long and if the bus filled up at YC first it did not stop at BC. One morning the line for MK was back to the bridge. The bus monitor said the last two busses did not stop at BC since they were already full. We watched 3 buses to AK and Blizzard beach and 2 busses for typhoon lagoon/ DTD come and go. Then after 30 minutes 3 buses showed up for MK. We were in the middle of the line people at the front were waiting close to an hour for a bus.
On the same day when we wanted to return to the BC we waited at MK for over 30 minutes for a bus. We got on the bus when it came; standing room only and it had no AC. I called transportation when I got back and bus transportation did improve after that.
Boats are slow, it is faster to walk which we did when we were not too hot or tired.
No transportation form the BC is direct there is always a stop somewhere before your destination and what ever you do do not take the Downtown Bus back to your resort. It was never ending with stops at typhoon lagoon then swan then dolphin then YC then BC.

Also, the above is why we usually just take advantage of the free parking and drive to most of the parks. It's just so much faster....even getting to and from the MK.

bonniepp2
08-14-2013, 10:33 AM
We were at BC also the same week and were magically upgraded ! It was wonderful, loved the food selection and the staff was very helpful.

cer
08-14-2013, 10:38 AM
We were at BC also the same week and were magically upgraded ! It was wonderful, loved the food selection and the staff was very helpful.

Welcome to Intercot!

Glad you are here!

:rocks:

brownie
08-14-2013, 01:13 PM

:welcome:

bonniepp2, welcome to INTERCOT!

spoiledraf
08-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Those upgrades do come at a price.....sort of. Once you spend a vacation in a Club Level room, you won't want to go back to a standard room. THEN Disney will get there money! We've been upgraded a few times and have opted to go back to a Club Level room a couple times when we could afford it. But it usually meant staying one less day. Anybody gets one, Enjoy!!

BrerGnat
08-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Cool upgrade! Glad you enjoyed it. We just spent a few nighs at the WL and transportation there was horrendous. I think at this point, it's a property wide problem. Something needs to be done.

iceicebritney
08-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Congrats! Checking in in a few days and can't wait!

I'm wondering, did you have any issues with the in room mini fridge? I received a letter today stating the mini fridges across property are being removed and that my room will not have a fridge. What was your experience:confused:

waymickey
08-22-2013, 09:04 PM
We had a fridge and it worked fine. I did notice one night that the cabinet it was in was sorta warm and I did tell someone.

sammysmom
09-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Congrats on the upgrade:) Sounds like a wonderful surprise! I love reading the stories of upgrades and keep hoping that one day it will happen to me!!

Crow
09-07-2013, 12:13 AM
wow congrats on the upgrade. I didn't like BC other than the great location. but if I had gotten that kind of upgrade I might have changed my mind.
yea the buses share w others. its a great spot for Epcot or DHS though

waymickey
09-07-2013, 08:56 PM
wow congrats on the upgrade. I didn't like BC other than the great location. but if I had gotten that kind of upgrade I might have changed my mind.
yea the buses share w others. its a great spot for Epcot or DHS though

The Upgrade was absolutely magical and very much appreciated. We enjoyed everything about it. The Staff on the Club level are very pleasant and helpful. Mousekeeping was super, but no towel animals. :(
Coming back to the room each night to chocolates on the pillows put a big smile on my DD face and my DH. One night walking back to our room my Dh said to my DD as he walked down the hall " I hope Mickey did not forget to leave chocolate for me tonight." We had chocolate on our pillows as always but within a few minutes there was a knock on our door. A CM said that Mickey had a special delivery for my DH and handed him a bunch of Chocolate! Extra Pixie dust.:tink:

Lindsey310
09-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Wow what a great surprise!! Guess you were in the right place at the right time! :mickey:

41 days!!!!! :mpumpkin:

wifey5794
09-09-2013, 09:56 AM
We always stay at Beach Club and if we are going somewhere and it requires bus transportation we may walk to Yacht Club and get on there :). Congrats on your upgrade! Never happened to us and I have stayed there at least 15 times :(!