PDA

View Full Version : Live on the I10 Day 7

Disney4us2
08-09-2013, 10:15 PM
We made it to Slidell, LA. I was totally surprised that we crossed the Mississippi River today. That is one monster bridge. We also went over a very large swamp. The scenery in Louisiana is amazing...just beautiful.

We hit a few spots of rain... well it was more than that. It was a downpour with lightning. I am glad that most everyone slows down. The visibility was not very good. Glad it was only in a few spots.

I should be in Florida by Sunday or Monday. I still want to keep the driving to shorter drives. The motion of the car makes me very drowsy. Love the stay awake tablets...they help.

Ginger has been a real trooper. She looks forward to the car ride and mostly sleeps in the back seat.

I am getting tired of the Motel 6 scene. You get what you pay for. The rooms have been clean and NO bed bugs... I check each room. I can't wait for our stays at SSR and AKL. I also look forward to finding our new home.

Still can't believe this is all happening. When I see something I want to share, I keep thinking I have to call my dad and tell him.

Not sure what our next stop is for tomorrow. Either in Alabama or Pensacola, FL.

Thanks for following along.

buzznwoodysmom
08-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Glad you continue to have safe driving. The weather was very nasty here yesterday! You are doing great, especially conquering all these bridges! Good for you!

Too bad you don't have time for an afternoon and night at the beach. Such a shame to pass so close to Destin, Florida and not stop!

So sorry we didn't get to meet up. Wish I had seen your message sooner. Good luck with the rest of your journey.

Disney4us2
08-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Denise, we will have to meet up when you come to WDW. Made it to Florida....whoohoo

buzznwoodysmom
08-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Denise, we will have to meet up when you come to WDW. Made it to Florida....whoohoo

Marci,
That would be great! We are always going to Florida!

If you can try to stop in a beach town tonight. The gulf coast beaches are beautiful! Powder white sand and sometimes crystal clear aqua water! The water can be hit or miss, but it looked like the Caribbean when we were there in late May! Our favorites are Destin, and the little beach community called Seaside.

Disney4us2
08-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Marci,
That would be great! We are always going to Florida!

If you can try to stop in a beach town tonight. The gulf coast beaches are beautiful! Powder white sand and sometimes crystal clear aqua water! The water can be hit or miss, but it looked like the Caribbean when we were there in late May! Our favorites are Destin, and the little beach community called Seaside.

We are in Pensacola for the night. Can't wait until you come out to WDW.

faline
08-10-2013, 05:42 PM
What a long trip - I'm sure it has been tiring.

disney obsessed
08-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Dad knows.

Disney4us2
08-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Dad knows.

That he does... I wear his class ring on a chain. He is always with me.