PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a nice shady pool

disneykidsince1970
08-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Can anyone think of a Disney hotel that has a pool with lots of shade and a bar? The pools at Grand Fla/Poly/Contemp are great but there is no shade to lay under besides the cabanas which is pretty expensive and you have to pre-plan.

Any ideas?

Help me Obe Wons... you're my only hope!

Nikki:mickey:

CzepielCrew
08-09-2013, 01:33 PM
In some of the pics I have seen for Port Orleans Riverside, the Ol'Man Island pool seems to have shady spots. We are staying next August, so that would be very nice on real hot days.

AgentC
08-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Port Orleans Riverside would be my top choice. The edges of the pool area has lots of trees and some of the chairs are under them.

The Muddy Rivers Bar is very big with covered seating too.

BugeyedMuggy
08-09-2013, 01:46 PM
AKL Jambo has many shaded areas as long as you don't want to be in the circular area right around the pool.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Another vote for Old Man Island at Port Orleans Riverside.

The bar is very shaded and the whole pool area is surrounded by trees, so very easy to find shade. Also, just a short walk over the bridge if you need to run to the food court. Its also a great pool in general with a very good kids water slide.

Melanie
08-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Agree with Riverside. I really like that bar and the pool area is great with all the big trees and the uniqueness of the pool itself.

buzznwoodysmom
08-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Another vote for Riverside. It's definitely the pool with the most shade, it's actually too shaded for my liking! Lol

brownie
08-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Port Orleans Riverside or Animal Kingdom Jambo House.