PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2013 new TV shows--which ones will you be watching?

MNNHFLTX
08-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Yes, it's almost that time again. ;)

The trailers for new shows are really starting to roll on the networks here. Some that I think I will try:

Sleepy Hollow
The Crazy Ones--just noticed that the actor that plays Bob Benson on Mad Men is on this show
Brooklyn Nine Nine (because I like Andy Samberg)
Us and Them (because it's based on the British series Gavin and Stacey, so I'm curious)
Dracula

Not sure about Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, because I'm not sure a spinoff of the original Once Upon a Time can hold it's own at this point, but we'll see.

faline
08-08-2013, 06:22 PM
I am so out of the loop with television shows! I have no idea what any of these are - guess when the weather drives me back indoors we'll figure out what to watch. Hope some of them are good!!

SBETigg
08-08-2013, 10:48 PM
I like the ones you mention. Plus there's one with Rebel Wilson that I would try because I think she's funny, but it could be the kind of show that gets old fast or never really takes off. I already lost interest in Once Upon a Time, so will pass on the spinoff.

Ms. Mode
08-09-2013, 07:39 AM
I think I'll stick with Duck Dynasty :blush:

tinkwest
08-09-2013, 11:01 AM
I don't watch too much network prime time programming so don't have anything picked out to try yet. You don't want to watch the shows I decide are enjoyable. That is the kiss of death. They always seem to get cancelled. ( With the exception of Big Bang which I like because it is just silly and silly is good sometimes). I liked Go On last season and it didn't survive but Two Broke Girls from several years ago is still going (i think) and I couldn't make it through one episode. I must have a different sense of humor than the general public.

Belle of the Ball 051411
08-09-2013, 11:05 AM
I may give Sleepy Hollow a look. The shows I'm really excited for are Revenge, Nashville, Suburgatory, The Middle, and Modern Family.

PirateLover
08-09-2013, 07:22 PM
I like Once Upon A Time, but the Wonderland spinoff seems strange. They are incorporating Aladdin into it? Weird.
Does Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. start in the fall? That is one DH and I are definitely excited for.

Melanie
08-09-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm not one for comedies normally, but I think I'm going to check out The Crazy Ones and The Millers.

Otherwise, probably nothing new. I tend to get into things late if there is a big buzz.

AgentC
08-09-2013, 09:28 PM
I haven't really checked the fall schedule yet. I've thought it would be in my EW magazine this week but instead of fall TV, they gave me fall movies. :(

So far the two I am the most interested in are Sleepy Hollow and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I will try Once Upon A Time In Wonderland but I an not sure about. I like the whole idea of a totally different land and the twist that everyone thinks Alice is crazy but the genie part seems very strange to me.

Zawadi
08-23-2013, 04:33 PM
The new seasons will not be shown over here until next year.

BUT ....

No more CSI-NY :angry::angry:
NCIS without Ziva :angry:
Can't wait for NCIS-LA as we want to find out what happens to Marty Deeks

Our September trips to WDW usually meant that we could catch the first few episodes but not this year.

Nini
08-24-2013, 10:41 AM
I'm looking forward to The Blacklist with James Spader (cause I love him and it looks really good) and Brooklyn 99 with Andy Sandberg (cause he is really funny).

Denise :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
08-26-2013, 10:41 AM
The only one that has caught my eye so far is Brooklyn Nine Nine...I love Andy!

AgentC
08-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Hulu has short previews of some of the new shows. I've watch the one from Once Upon A Time in Wonderland so far and it seems like most of it is not the traditional Alice story but some of that story will be in flashbacks which isn't a surprise since they love that method on OUAT.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-29-2013, 10:55 AM
So far I've heard or read little or no buzz on the new season's shows. At this point I will probably wait until the dust settles to see which shows survive and what the buzz is. I've gotten burned too many times over the past few years investing in a show only to have it cancelled with no resolution (Journeyman anyone?).

It seems major networks are pretty quick to cancel a show, even if it has potential, if it doesn't do well right out of the gate.

Too easy to plug in a mindless reality show I guess.

NJGIRL
08-30-2013, 10:25 PM
Beth I am going to try Sleepy Hallow just because of the subject matter. Other than that I'm not too interested in the others.

I am looking forward to watching Grimm, Being Human, and Revenge again!

PirateLover
10-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Didn't feel like making a whole bunch of threads for new shows so I thought I'd bump this up give some quick thoughts on the new shows we've watched that don't have separate threads already.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D- Really liked the pilot, but it's lacking something for me. Other than Agent Coulson (and the geeky brother-sister team) I'm not really into the leads.

The Goldbergs- We watched the first 2 episodes. While there were some funny moments, it wasn't enough to keep us watching religiously. We may tune in here and there but it's not a must-see.

OUAT In Wonderland- Only one episode so far but it's going to get old fast, I feel. Unlike the original which had a bunch of interesting characters and subplots, the Alice/Cyrus romance angle is just so contrived. I can see my DH giving up on this once fast (he still watches the original OUAT).

Brooklyn Nine Nine- This is one that we have definitely been enjoying. There are a few weak spots in the cast, but overall it's pretty funny. This is one we will keep watching.

Scar
10-11-2013, 02:36 PM
New York Giants Football - Hopefully they cancel this soon before I waste anymore time watching.

Middle of the Map
10-13-2013, 11:12 PM
I'm waiting for the new season of Grimm to start this month. My other favorites are The Big Bang Theory, Elementary, and Person of Interest.

The rest of the time you'll find me on You Tube.

:surf: