PDA

View Full Version : Milk at resorts

disneygoofball
08-08-2013, 11:46 AM
I honestly didn't know where to put this, so I apologize if it's in the wrong place. :blush:

Can anyone tell me what size of milk is available for purchase at the resorts and how much it costs? I'm assuming it's in the grab and go section/quick service section and that it costs the same at all resorts (but for what it's worth, we'll be staying at Pop Century). I'm trying to figure out if I should place a grocery order (assuming that the fridge issue is resolved by the time we head down there), or if it's more cost effective to stuff cereal in our luggage and purchase milk at the resort.

VWL Mom
08-08-2013, 11:52 AM
WL Merchantile had pints, quarts, and half gallons. I don't remember the exact prices but they were pretty much in line with what we pay here. Roaring Forks had 2 sizes of individuals, Again, can't help on the price there either.

Scott C
08-08-2013, 12:35 PM
You are much better off buying milk in quantity at your resorts gift shop rather than the food court. As above, I recall seeing up to 1/2 gallon size and I do not recall the price, but it was a much better deal. not worth a grocery visit just for milk....

Thanks
Scott C

Tri Minnie
08-08-2013, 12:36 PM
We have done a combination of bringing and ordering groceries. Strollers and Groceries does a fantastic job with orders. We usually order the hard to pack stuff like bread, fruit, yogurt, etc. I usually pack cereal and peanut butter in our suitcases. (We usually do breakfast in the room and take sandwiches to the park.)

We have found that we tend to overestimate how much milk we need and haven't always success with keeping a gallon of organic milk fresh. So we decided to let go of the need for organic and just order a half gallon. Then we purchase any additional milk at the resort. I think the price for a half gallon was under 3.00, but I don't really remember.

LauraF
08-08-2013, 02:46 PM
I usually buy milk at the gift shop of my resort, but if you're on the go, the bakery at the Boardwalk has it. I don't recall the price however!

disneygoofball
08-08-2013, 05:35 PM
Thanks, guys! If milk is even remotely the same price, I think we'll just buy it at our resort. And thanks for the heads up about checking the gift shop - we'll be sure to do that. :mickey:

dmallan
08-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Definitely get it at the gift shop rather than the food court. We paid $2.95 for a half gal. of skim milk last December.