PDA

View Full Version : Flower and Garden Festival

ddcrna
08-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Need some help here. We always visit the World in the fall. We have a timeshare week to use and are planning a Spring trip for the F&G Festival. When is the least crowded time? I know we should avoid school vacation weeks in April, but is March better than May? :confused:

faline
08-07-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm a big fan of visiting in early May. We love going to the Flower & Garden festival but prefer to have all the spring breaks and Easter out of the way before we visit.

ddcrna
08-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Faline, our issue is that we organize a county wide Special Olympics event in early May, which makes the Apr 15-May 5th time frame impossible (unless we can convince 375 Special Olympians to let us go - LOL). What do you think about late March/early April

Strmchsr
08-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Late March/early April will be crowded because it's spring break season. No doubt way more crowded than May, but Easter is not until late in April this year so late March might not be as crowded as it normally is. Hard to say. When Easter is late like in 2014 schools handle it a lot of different ways and some go ahead and choose that late March/early April time frame for their spring break regardless.

faline
08-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Faline, our issue is that we organize a county wide Special Olympics event in early May, which makes the Apr 15-May 5th time frame impossible (unless we can convince 375 Special Olympians to let us go - LOL). What do you think about late March/early April

What a great cause! I suspect all those Olympians would love a trip to Disney!! However, since that doesn't seem practical, I'd have to agree with Chris.

Given the late date for Easter next year, late March might work - it would likely be at least moderately crowded since it is spring break.

ChipDale2708
08-08-2013, 09:30 AM
We have been going the past few years for Mother's Day which falls during the F&G festival. It has not been crowded and it falls just after your event. Not sure if the parks are impacted as much for college spring breaks, but that is something to keep in mind for late March.

T-Belle
08-08-2013, 02:48 PM
I was there the 1st week of March and enjoyed it very much. The crowds were very manageable and the weather, while a little on the cool side at night, was lovely. Sunny and no humidity.