PDA

View Full Version : Nine Dragons

squijee
08-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Trying this out on our next trip. Is it good?

MargaretMessler
08-07-2013, 04:45 PM
I thought it was pretty good when we went there, that was in 2007. The staff was great, the good was better than average. It was a slow night and our very attentive waiter was teaching us how to use chopsticks and chatting about his home country.

retiredfigment
08-07-2013, 05:29 PM
We went once and thought it was overpriced for everyday Chinese food. Then again, we have really nice Chinese restaurants where we live.

mechanic
08-07-2013, 05:48 PM
it gets many negative comments, but we have always enjoyed it. it is more than your local place, but every place at disney is too.
staff has always been friendly and accommodating.
there is a good cs place right behind it. we often order a kids meal for a quick snack.

tiggerbuddy
08-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Have to agree with this comment::mickey:

We went once and thought it was overpriced for everyday Chinese food

faline
08-07-2013, 08:02 PM
This is one of the locations where I have never dined. I keep thinking we will try it - at least once - but, somehow, we just never actually get in - just something about going out to eat Chinese while at Disney World doesn't fit for me.

2MuchWDFun
08-07-2013, 08:26 PM
We've eaten there twice during our last two trips.We didn't want to eat there because of the mixed reviews--but then decided to try it for ourselves. Enjoyed our meals both times--once was busy and once was a little slower. Experienced excellent service. I think you'll enjoy it.

ASweetLov
08-07-2013, 09:02 PM
My fiance and I LOVE Nine Dragons! Its something we tried on our first trip and we loved it so much it has become a tradition to go there on every trip. Introduced my sister and brother in law to the restaurant last year and they also loved it! The five spice fish is delicious!

NJGIRL
08-07-2013, 10:54 PM
We went in 2011 and thought it was just OK. Nothing bad, just not very exciting. We probably wont go back anytime soon, but not against using the counter service for a quick lunch

AgentC
08-08-2013, 08:27 AM
I have been once. It was fine. Everyone's food was good and the portion sizes were rather large. It was very quiet the day we went so the service was super fast.

JerseyDad
08-08-2013, 08:43 AM
......having never dined there .....I'm kinda' thinking that it does have some good Chinese food (based on many positive reviews). However, when my wife starts asking me questions about what ADR's we'd like to make ...and Nine Dragons comes up in conversation, I tell her, "I'm not driving 1100 miles ...to have Chinese food" ....and that pretty much crosses it off the potentials list for yet another trip.

( we have a great Chinese restaurant ...literally a 5 minute walk ...or a 2 minute drive ... from our house ....so it's not as if we don't ever get to have Chinese food for dinner. In fact ..on average ...we have it at least every 2 weeks ....when I get tired of cooking dinner....)

Melanie
08-08-2013, 09:59 AM
It's not someplace I'm dying to head back to, but it's okay. The first time we ate there, it was so cold in there, I was miserable.

squijee
08-08-2013, 11:43 AM
Okay so doesn't sound that great. DH not a fan of Mexican, Italian or Morracan. Tried Rose & Crown, Le Cellier, Chefs de France ,Teppan Edo and Biergarten. Don't think Auskerhaus is an option not into whole princess thing. Maybe we will try a resort retaurant. Thanks for the help.

squijee
08-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Do you still eat in the dining rooms or is it cash and carry and find a seat outside?

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Long ago, they used to have Dim Sum for lunch. It was TOTALLY worth it then. Can't get "real" Dim Sum anywhere on WDW property. (Yak n Yeti Dim Sum, is sadly not up to par with real Dim

Haven't been back since they stopped Dim Sum.

Gauis2001
08-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Very good. One of the best things is you can get seated even if you don't have a reservation. We walk up all the time at anytime and are never turned away!

CaptSmee
08-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Typical Chinese food at a premium price

SurferStitch
08-12-2013, 12:20 PM
DH and I love Nine Dragons, and usually have a meal there every trip.

Food, service and atmosphere are excellent. We've always had very friendly and fun servers. I absolutely LOVE the Salt and Pepper Shrimp... fantastic. Definitely NOT something I can get everyday at my local Chinese restaurant.

I'm sorry, but I don't feel they serve everyday Chinese food here. Presentation is beautiful, and the food definitely tastes much fresher and flavorful that at most typical local Chinese restaurants.

GoBlueLacheta
08-12-2013, 02:27 PM
It all depends on what region of the United States/World you are coming from. For the Southern region, it is probably above average for your area Chinese establishment, but if you are from the Mid-West, Northeast I think you may be disappointed the quality for the price.

NJGIRL
08-12-2013, 05:09 PM
It all depends on what region of the United States/World you are coming from. For the Southern region, it is probably above average for your area Chinese establishment, but if you are from the Mid-West, Northeast I think you may be disappointed the quality for the price.

I have to agree. The food wasn't bad but just a little bland when we went.

disneynarula
08-14-2013, 03:54 AM
It was fine. We were on the dining plan so price was not an issue for us. I can remember thinking it was sort of overpriced for Chinese food but it did not taste terrible.

We will often eat at the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club on our Epcot night.

Lindsey
08-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Long ago, they used to have Dim Sum for lunch. It was TOTALLY worth it then. Can't get "real" Dim Sum anywhere on WDW property. (Yak n Yeti Dim Sum, is sadly not up to par with real Dim Sum.

My husband and I miss having Dim Sum there as well. On Sundays they would even push Dim Sum carts around like in traditional Dim Sum restaurants. The stuff at Yak n' Yeti should not even be called Dim Sum. :ack: