PDA

View Full Version : Live on the I10 day 4

Disney4us2
08-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Not much to report. We left early in the morning for San Antonio. Wow...what a long drive that was.

Glad to spend an extra day with our cousins. Going to see the Alamo, and other sights.

The next drive will be much shorter.

VWL Mom
08-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Glad you're able to take in the sights, enjoy!

cer
08-07-2013, 10:34 AM
Yeah, that stretch from El Paso is a loooong one!

Glad you'll get to spend a little time in San Antonio before you head out again.

What is your next stop?

Disney4us2
08-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Yeah, that stretch from El Paso is a loooong one!

Glad you'll get to spend a little time in San Antonio before you head out again.

What is your next stop?

The next drive will be shorter. Probably, just over the border in Louisana.

MNNHFLTX
08-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I-10 through West Texas is one long stretch of road. Years ago my in-laws drove from our house in Houston to Arizona and I will never forget how my MIL called ten hours later, almost in tears, asking when would they finally be out of Texas (they were still a 1/2-hour from El Paso).

Hope you are enjoying San Antonio, but sorry for the heat wave we're having right now. Fortunately, it's always cooler along the Riverwalk and they also have nice cold beverages there. :marg:

faline
08-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Glad you arrived safely at your next stop!

buzznwoodysmom
08-07-2013, 07:28 PM
We visited San Antonio a few years ago and it was, without a doubt, the hottest place we had ever been. Hope it's not as hot while you are there.

You'll be passing through my state shortly. Warning! Driving through Louisiana is very, very boring. LOL. Actually I feel all of 1-10 from Eastern Texas all the way through Florida is pretty boring. Not a whole lot to see.