PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Beach: The Summit Plummit...just how scary?

k10
08-06-2013, 04:48 PM
2 cents on how scary this one is? I watched a video on YouTube and my stomach sank to my knees! Even just viewing the slide on the Disney website is intimidating.

...That being said, I want to do it. But just how scary is it? Will it be over before I know it?

1st time Disney Water Park trip ever!!!
:swim::swim::blush:

Christine
08-06-2013, 08:21 PM
I can't answer this because to stand in its presence makes me faint ;) , but DH LOVE LOVE LOVES it! He said its the ultimate rush!

I am too scared to ride the family raft ride next to it because you have to go up high to the start. Heights?! NO work for me!!!

There is the Polar Pub where you could get a little liquid courage if you need to first! :D

markyv
08-06-2013, 11:30 PM
It's really not bad at all. You will cross your legs and put your head back, next thing you know, you're at the bottom. Only downside is that you will have to pick your swim bottoms out of your posterior. :)

joonyer
08-07-2013, 11:50 AM
It is HIGH, and STEEP and FAST and WET, and FUN! Go for it! :woohoo:

Travelfanatic1
08-08-2013, 07:00 AM
SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scared:

NEVER AGAIN, NOT FOR ME.

My husband loved it though.

k10
08-08-2013, 09:33 AM
AAGHHH! 50 % SCARED, 50 % determined to love it.

I'll report back in September!!!:confused:

DisneyHoneymooners
08-08-2013, 12:55 PM
The height is what gets most people. That being said the view is amazing:thumbsup: You definitely should give it a try. Once you have done it the second times a breeze!

ls1jt
08-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I've done it 3 times in my life.

The first time I was in 7th grade...

Its not that it hurts or that it does anything like that. The height is rough if you don't like that sort of thing. I remember though seeing Animal Kingdom being built from up there back in like '96. If the line is long it kind of stinks, the long line also contributes to the height bugging me more. Like you see yourself slowly going up, instead of just hiking up all at once.

It is super quick though - u lay back and whoosh, you are done. ;)

NickD100
08-09-2013, 09:57 AM
The worst part is sitting up there and letting go. The fall is so fast and doesn't last long. At the end, you most likely will say that it's fun. And would do it again. Personally, I prefer Summit Plummet over the Slush Gusher. Those multiple humps on SG throw me up in the air and all over the slide.

Speaking of BB....heading there now :thumbsup:

GoBlueLacheta
08-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Comedian John Pinette has a short bit about it haha.

I don't like heights, just standing there. I'll go on any ride, coaster or whatever but something about standing on a concrete and metal staircase jutting toward the sky , and slowing creeping up one soaking wet step at a time isn't the most comforting thing to me.

The slide itself is fun, but over in a blink.

Opus X
08-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Summit Plummit is not scary at all...it FUN. No one died doing it yet!!:thumbsup:
We NEVER miss it. My 7 y.o. son did it last visit....LOVED it.

The Joker
08-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Try it; if you didn't like it: it's over before you know it. Our DD did her first when she was still 5 (almost 6). But she's a daredevil. :cool:

Dsnygirl
08-14-2013, 07:02 AM
My DH and I did this years ago.... like 1997.... and honestly?? I thought the worst part was the climb up, and the waiting while you climbed!! The whole "slide" part is so fast you really don't know what hit you... it IS quite a rush, and a bit scary as you take off down the slide, but well worth it. Just do NOT wear a two piece bathing suit, and ditto to the "picking your bathing suit out of your posterior" comment... ;)

Mfarquar
08-16-2013, 04:47 PM
The worst part is sitting up there and letting go. The fall is so fast and doesn't last long. At the end, you most likely will say that it's fun. And would do it again. Personally, I prefer Summit Plummet over the Slush Gusher. Those multiple humps on SG throw me up in the air and all over the slide.

Speaking of BB....heading there now :thumbsup:

Maybe I'll have to try it the next time! I've done the Slush Gusher a couple of times and got really thrown around - I pretty much had airtime 50% of the time hahaa. I've always avoided Summit Plummet because I don't wear 1 piece bathing suits and assumed it would be just as rough, but it sounds like a smoother time!

Giggy
08-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Always wanted to do this one, always been put off by the length of the line. Only spend half a day at each water park per vacation and every time the line looks looooooooooooooong.

One day I will get there early, there will be no line and I will do it! :mickey:

Disney4us2
08-19-2013, 07:29 PM
My DD did it on our last visit. We were there today and she opted for the bobsled instead. She does all the coasters, so she has no fear, except for maybe this.

Disney4us2
08-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Come to think of it. I think it is the water wedgie she didn't like.

Lindslou
09-18-2013, 02:45 PM
AAGHHH! 50 % SCARED, 50 % determined to love it.

I'll report back in September!!!:confused:

Fancy seeing you here! :mickey:

I too feel ambiguous about this ride. Maybe a cocktail first?

Lindslou
09-18-2013, 02:47 PM
My DH and I did this years ago.... like 1997.... and honestly?? I thought the worst part was the climb up, and the waiting while you climbed!! The whole "slide" part is so fast you really don't know what hit you... it IS quite a rush, and a bit scary as you take off down the slide, but well worth it. Just do NOT wear a two piece bathing suit, and ditto to the "picking your bathing suit out of your posterior" comment... ;)

So I only own two piece bathing suits. Is it that big of a risk? I think I need to know before I go!

k10
09-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Update: I didn't do the Summit Plummet. Only the Slush Gusher.

Lindslou did the Summit, thought!!! Hardcore! 29 mph!!!

:mickey:

k10
09-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Fancy seeing you here! :mickey:

I too feel ambiguous about this ride. Maybe a cocktail first?

Cocktails had - check! :thumbsup:

grumpyguy
09-27-2013, 11:07 AM
They don't call it a water powered wedgie machine for nothin !!
Go for it,it's over before you know it.:thumbsup:

Middle of the Map
10-13-2013, 12:36 PM
Three family members rode it, and they all agree that the scariest part is the climb up and the look down.....

The actual slide is way too fast to get scared about.