PDA

View Full Version : Mailing Postcards

Luv4WDW
08-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Can anybody tell me how much the basic postcards are costing these days? Also, where do you go in the resort to get stamps? I will be mailing one to a friends little boy to get him ready for his upcoming trip. :mickey:

Capt_redshirt
08-06-2013, 12:44 PM
post cards when i was there was a shocking 2 dollars a card ... tho they might have bundles for sale.. as for stamps the gift shop usually sells them or might be in the lobby as well.

RockinRobin
08-06-2013, 12:57 PM
You must of been buying specials because they don't cost that much. Some times you can get 3 for 1.00. And you can get stamps at all the gift shops and they usually have a mail drop. Just ask some one they will help you.

Capt_redshirt
08-06-2013, 01:41 PM
maybe all i know is the ones my folks saw at the gift shops in the parks were about that much i wasn't really paying attention... my post cards consist of text messages with pictures saying wish you were here ...

faline
08-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Postcards are rapidly going the way of the dodo bird. There are fewer and fewer available at Disney World. The ones they do have can be quite pricey. In fact, I returned a postcard to the shop a couple of trips ago because it was impossible to write on - what's up with that?! I tried several different pens - all without success and, since I could not use the product for its intended purpose returned it without qualms and got my money back.

Stamps are typically available in gift shops but you need to ask for them. I do recall asking at one location to be told they were out of them.

disneymom15
08-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Gosh, last March we bought 2 postcards with the princesses on the front (2 different ones) and we paid close to $8 for the two of them plus extra for the stamps.

mickclub1955
08-06-2013, 05:09 PM
A year and a half ago I could hardly find a postcard. The ones I did find were expensive and not the normal size. These do require extra postage so be careful on how much postage you put on them or the people you send them to will have to pay the letter carrier postage when he/she delivers the card. Saying this from experience because I was a letter carrier. Customers are not nice when they have to pay for postage on a card being sent from someone they know. Sometimes they send the letter back to sender because they do not want to pay the extra change it needs to be delivered. Only problem with postcards are they do not have a returned address so they have to pay the extra postage.

MargaretMessler
08-06-2013, 05:37 PM
I bought a few in random places (parks, resorts, even the GF where everything is probably costing more), I don't think I paid more than $1 for a card, mostly less. I use them for my cheap souvenirs for myself, so didn't need stamps, but they are available at the resort shops.

buzznwoodysmom
08-06-2013, 06:04 PM
I always carry stamps in my wallet so I've never had to worry about finding a place to buy stamps in Disney, or any other vacation for that matter. Just bring a stamp with you so you don't have to buy, or find, one there.

I agree with those who said the postcards were pricey in WDW. I don't recall paying as little as $1 per card, I thought they were more, but maybe I'm wrong. I definitely know I've never seen them 3 for $1, at least not in the last few years.

There is a cool app called "postcard on the run". I've used it a few times. You take any pic you want with your phone then use the app to create and mail your custom postcard. I think I made around 10 of them for $8, including postage. Not too bad. The only problem is they take longer to make it to the people you mail them to.

joonyer
08-06-2013, 07:59 PM
What's a postcard??? :D