PDA

View Full Version : Need help Deciding

CzepielCrew
08-06-2013, 10:57 AM
I keep flip flopping and cannot decide. We will be staying at Port Orleans. Here is what my choices are for dates:

Last 2 weeks of August 2014 - Longer time. Kids out of school

Mid October - Less time. Only 5-6 nights.

Week before or after Thanksgiving - 6-7 nights, but we love to swim and I am afraid we will not get time to use the pools as much as we might want to.

My family is me, my DH, and my twin 13 yr. old boys

rjmdds
08-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Two weeks! You will have PLENTY of time to casually do everything including enjoying the pools and watermarks. Plus, you won't feel the need to spend endless hours in the parks to get things done. You can avoid the hottest parts of the day then. We will be there the last week of August 2014 too! My second choice for you would be the November dates.

faline
08-06-2013, 11:16 AM
I would select the August dates as well. That way, your kids won't have school work hanging over their heads and everyone can just relax and enjoy.

mydisneygirls
08-06-2013, 11:18 AM
I would stay as long as I could so I would say last 2 weeks of August. You'll be able to have a lot of pool time (it will be hot) and not have to rush to the parks during the day. Last year we went for 13 days in Sept and it was awesome. From what I'm told, the last week of August isn't crowded to the max because of school starting in different parts of the country. We are going in 3 weeks and can't wait!!!!!

CzepielCrew
08-06-2013, 11:21 AM
August is when I really wanted to go to relax and not worry about school or sickness that goes along with the fall in my house. I am really worried about the heat, but it has been really hot in New England this summer and it can't be any worse.

gerald72
08-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Also voting for August!

mydisneygirls
08-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Jen, I agree. It has been so brutally hot up here this year! I remember comparing weather here and there, and for that couple week stretch, it was hotter here than in FL.

That's why going to 2 weeks is good. I've been told that it is hot there but the nights are more manageable. If I remember, I'll post and let you know what I thought of the weather (again, going in 3 weeks).

caryrae
08-06-2013, 12:24 PM
For me I would choose the 2 weeks, most times we go for one week and seems like with so much to do in only a week we feel more tired after the trip with all the running around.

Arielfan98
08-06-2013, 12:35 PM
August seems like the best choice. Disney has cheaper rates in late August and the crowds dim down a bit and plus you'll have more time to relax and enjoy the parks and the pool more leisurely.

CzepielCrew
08-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Great! If you can let me know how your weather is that would help

Jen, I agree. It has been so brutally hot up here this year! I remember comparing weather here and there, and for that couple week stretch, it was hotter here than in FL.

That's why going to 2 weeks is good. I've been told that it is hot there but the nights are more manageable. If I remember, I'll post and let you know what I thought of the weather (again, going in 3 weeks).

chefmickey3
08-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Another vote for August! It is a wonderful time to go. You are right - the heat in the NE can be worse than FL heat. Enjoy the pools - play in the parks early - have a blast! Two weeks is the way to go!

VaderGirl
08-14-2013, 04:03 PM
if u want to swim, go in summer or sept. it may be cool in mid october, u never know. we r going this year sept 20-sept 28th, hope to be less hot as summer but still warm for pool etc.

mcjaco
08-14-2013, 04:54 PM
August is when I really wanted to go to relax and not worry about school or sickness that goes along with the fall in my house. I am really worried about the heat, but it has been really hot in New England this summer and it can't be any worse.

I'd go in October. You'd also have the Food and Wine Fest going on at EPCOT, which is awesome. October is my favorite time to go now. It's nice and warm during the day, cools off a bit at night. There's usually no random rain storms in the afternoon, and crowds are very good.

We just got back....I'll never go again in early August. t was almost 113 with the heat index on Monday. The humidity in August is gross. Tried late August a few years ago, and it was hot, and almost barable, but I still wouldn't go then. Crowds last week were terrible, but by Tuesday of this week there wasn't anything that was too bad. It lessens as the month goes on. Did I mention it was hot and humid? LOL!

MNNHFLTX
08-14-2013, 05:38 PM
I'd go in October. You'd also have the Food and Wine Fest going on at EPCOT, which is awesome. October is my favorite time to go now. It's nice and warm during the day, cools off a bit at night. There's usually no random rain storms in the afternoon, and crowds are very good.

We just got back....I'll never go again in early August. t was almost 113 with the heat index on Monday. The humidity in August is gross. Tried late August a few years ago, and it was hot, and almost barable, but I still wouldn't go then. Crowds last week were terrible, but by Tuesday of this week there wasn't anything that was too bad. It lessens as the month goes on. Did I mention it was hot and humid? LOL!Totally agree with all of this. I used to live in Florida and avoided the parks at all costs during June, July and August. The heat and the sun can be unrelenting, and then you have the afternoon rainstorms and potential for tropical storms and hurricanes. It still may be warm and humid in October, but no way is it like it is during the height of summer. And yes, the Food and Wine Festival is an added bonus in October.

BTW, I've lived in hot climates for the last 21 years of my life, so I am definitely acclimated. But even I don't want to be pounding the pavement in the heat of a Florida summer!