PDA

View Full Version : Directions to the Campground

Williams5
08-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Coming in from I-75, but first timer in the RV. What is the easiest route in? I'm leaning towards I-75 to the Florida 50 Toll to the Florida 429 Toll. Then Western Way to E Buena Vista Drive to Bonnet Creek Parkway - past Port Orleans.

I'm looking at possibly coming in to Vista Boulevard via Winter Garden Vineland Road however.

Anyone have any advice here, or am I just over thinking/planning here?:mickey:

FloridaTeacher
08-05-2013, 05:18 PM
We always come in on 429 to Western Way. It makes for a much less stressful drive. After that we've gone in by Port Orleans as well as through the Magic Kingdom main gate...depending on traffic. We like to go in by Magic Kingdom, but it's easier to go by Port Orleans.

I don't know where you are coming from, but we HATE I-75. It makes me a nervous wreck. We are coming from the Florida panhandle and take I-10 to Tallahassee. At Tallahassee, we get on 27. We take 27 to Ocala, so we're not on 75 for long. :D

Williams5
08-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Indianapolis basically. I-75 is by far the fastest route.

There is a decent route from I-65 in Alabama that could put us your method. I've looked at it due to the fact that it almost eliminates the Smoky Mountains from the trip.

Thanks for the input. The kids would probably prefer swinging by MK on the way in also.

Williams5
08-09-2013, 08:51 AM
We always come in on 429 to Western Way. It makes for a much less stressful drive. After that we've gone in by Port Orleans as well as through the Magic Kingdom main gate...depending on traffic. We like to go in by Magic Kingdom, but it's easier to go by Port Orleans.

I zoomed in on this in google maps - so you get in the right lane and go through the MK sign I assume? Then almost immediately a right onto Vista Boulevard? I won't have checked in yet and I am not an annual passholder, won't I get stopped at the gate?

KylesMom
08-09-2013, 10:36 AM
I zoomed in on this in google maps - so you get in the right lane and go through the MK sign I assume? Then almost immediately a right onto Vista Boulevard? I won't have checked in yet and I am not an annual passholder, won't I get stopped at the gate?
Yes, your understanding of the directions are correct. And you'll get stopped, but just let them know you're checking in at Fort Wilderness. You won't have a problem! :mickey: