PDA

View Full Version : making a DR at Ohana after wishes???

mrs.jacksparrow
08-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Hi,

Anyone know if we Can make it to a 9:45 DR at Ohana after watching wishes in the MK??? 11/7

If not, any other options for a late night bite or dessert at the GF, CR or POLY ????? or even the WL or FW... last day before flying out and want to keep it going LOL Not staying on property.

Thanks!

SBETigg
08-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Depends. What time are fireworks scheduled on the day in question? I looked it up, 9 pm.

Definitely not, unless you leave well before the end and happen to catch a boat about to launch or a monorail at just the right time. Remember that check in for a 9:45 dinner is 9:30, making it all highly unlikely.

You could grab snacks, dessert, drinks from any one of the area lounges, though, and the snack menus are extensive enough to make a meal. Mizner's is usually pretty quiet and a good choice. The Tambu Lounge at the Poly is overcrowded at that hour with diners waiting to be seated or straggling after meal (though it does start to die down close to 10). You might be able to make a seating at the Wave, at the Contemporary, because you can walk to the CR from the MK. Also, if you like sushi, the Kona Sushi bar might still be serving by the time you make it over. Or try a later 'Ohana reservation.

mrs.jacksparrow
08-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Thank you so much! Planning this stuff you can some times think you are superman able to leap large crowds in a single bound! LOL

I also was asking about the Poly because we will have friends there. We will be parking at TTC since we are staying off site, will we be able to walk to the car in the lot at TTC or will trams or MR be available after 11:00 from the Poly.

VWL Mom
08-05-2013, 02:51 PM
You could always go over and watch Wishes from the Poly beach before your meal.

mrs.jacksparrow
08-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Wishes is my absolutely Favorite thing in Disney after Fantasmic...I really want to be in the Park for the parade before and the fireworks around the castle....I am so spoiled!:cloud9:

MyDisneyworld
08-06-2013, 09:16 AM
If you ever get a chance to have dinner while at Ohana's it's very magical also. They dim the lights and pipe in the music. So great food, fireworks and music equals a very magical moment for our family. Plus no crowds after so you can just relax and walk along the beach after.

cer
08-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Wishes is my absolutely Favorite thing in Disney after Fantasmic...I really want to be in the Park for the parade before and the fireworks around the castle....I am so spoiled!:cloud9:

Just an aside, but for my family, Wishes on the beach at the Poly trumps Wishes in the park.

It so nice and private. You still get the music, fireworks and castle without the crowd. You can even sit down and watch.

It may not be for everyone, but we tried it once and like it a lot.

Scar
08-06-2013, 06:10 PM
We will be parking at TTC since we are staying off site, will we be able to walk to the car in the lot at TTC or will trams or MR be available after 11:00 from the Poly.You can certainly walk to your car from the Poly. If you prefer a tram, that will depend on when the monorail/returning crowds stop arriving.

IloveJack
08-06-2013, 06:41 PM
You can always make an ADR at the Contemporary for 9:30-9:45 and watch Wishes from the deck. It's pretty cool to be able to see the entire park under the fireworks.

mrs.jacksparrow
08-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Thanks everyone I think we have lots of options now and I feel better informed!

Rosemickey68
08-15-2013, 05:47 AM
We love watching Wishes from the beach at the Poly, great view, music piped in, no crowd. Best place to watch it in our opinion! We have booked our dinner before wishes and walked down to the beach to watch it, or even booked dinner after. Highly recommend doing it!:mickey: