PDA

View Full Version : What kind of park tickets to purchase

JessC416
08-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Good morning! We are planning our next trip and trying to figure out what type/how many park tickets to purchase and would love some input! We are going 5/3/14-5/10/14. We are flying from Providence,RI sometime in the afternoon on the 3rd so that day is no parks. We are flying home around 6pm on the 10th and using Magical Express. We want to use one day to do typhoon lagoon and one day for Universal. We won't take any days besides possibly the 3rd and 10th to just hang at the hotel. Not sure if we should do 4 or 5 day park hoppers or add water parks and more, etc! Thanks for any advice or recommendations!

VWL Mom
08-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Since you will be getting park hoppers then you should add the water parks and more option for $27. The one day water park ticket is $53.

mgmnut
08-05-2013, 10:50 AM
If you are going to Typhoon lagoon for a full day, Universal for a full day, and no park on travel days. I would do a 4 day pass with Water Parks and More, add hopper if you wish to hop.

Seeing your pass would not expire for 14 days, you could do 4 full park days and a full day at typhoon Lagoon. Typhoon lagoon does not count against you as a Park day admission, it counts as using a WaterPark and more option. Be aware if you leave the waterpark and come back on the same day it counts as using another WP&M option.

gottaluvtink
08-05-2013, 10:52 AM
It's hard to tell someone what kind of tickets they want. Sounds like you are planning 5 days in the parks, so I would go for the 5 day. We never hop because it seems we spend more time waiting for buses than we wish to, so for us, there is plenty to do in each park to stay the whole day. If you plan on doing the water park, than the water park option is probably what you want. Like I said, the ticket options are all a preference. You just have to decide what is best for you and your group.

buzznwoodysmom
08-05-2013, 11:22 AM
If you are going to Typhoon lagoon for a full day, Universal for a full day, and no park on travel days. I would do a 4 day pass with Water Parks and More, add hopper if you wish to hop.

This is what I was going to suggest as well. I would maybe add one more day to the ticket incase you want to go to one of the theme parks after your water park day, or for a few hours the day you go home.

JessC416
08-05-2013, 11:56 AM
If we choose to just do the 4 day park hopper with water parks and more can we add another day when we get down there or is it the full base price for another day? Also, how does the water parks and more work, I've never used it before.

WRWDisney
08-05-2013, 12:50 PM
I was going to mention that you could in fact, add days once you are there. However, you are at the "Magical" :pixie: 4/5 day window. By that, I mean, through a major ticket broker (not sure if they are a sponsor here and don't want to break any rules--PM me and I will give you there info), a 4 day base ticket is $289.95 (including tax in this and all future prices); where as a 5 day base ticket is $280.09--that is not a typo. The 5 day base is almost $10 LESS. If you were to add on the water park option (which would allow you 4/5 visits to the water parks, ESPN, DisneyQuest), the 4 day ticket would go up to $339.95 (a $50 increase) and the 5 day would go up to $341.87 (a $61.76). To add park Hopping would increase the tickets to $350.00 (4 day) $368.48 (5 day). These are all adult ticket prices, but the main point is that a 4 day with the water park option is cheaper than the $51.90 water park ticket and $9 more than the 5 day ticket and a single admission water park ticket.

Frankly, your best value is the 4 day + Water Park and park Hopping at $350. You can always add a day when on site, or take advantage of the Water Park and more option to hit-up another water park or Disney Quest.

BTW, when/if you upgrade your ticket on site, and it has been used at least once (one time through the gate, it will be valued at the full price (not discounted price) of $386.60 towards any upgrade. Meaning that it should only cost $10.65/ticket to upgrade to the 5th day on site (actually cheaper than doing it in advance).

I know that is a lot of numbers. Boil it down to: buy the 4 Day Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More Options through the site I mentioned and then upgrade to a 5th day on site, midway through your trip, if you will need it:thumbsup:

JessC416
08-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Thank you for your help! My husband ended up chiming in, he wants to fly in early on the 3rd and out late on the 10th so we have the majority of those days. Then we will get the 5 day park hoppers with the water park. His point was last time we went one of the water park days we wanted to go to Epcot for dinner and were stuck (his words) going to Downtown Disney since we didn't have enough park tickets. Plus he loves Illuminations :mickey:.

So thanks to the wonderful folks at Magical Journeys we booked a room at All Star Music (his choice :party: mine was pop century) and the 5 day passes. This trip is so different because last time we went on the Armed Forces salute and saved a ton of money but just did Disney. He got out of the marines in February and we're doing Universal. Its our last Disney trip before starting a family hopefully so we want to spend a lot of time in the parks and not so much in the hotel.

mgmnut
08-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I was going to mention that you could in fact, add days once you are there. However, you are at the "Magical" :pixie: 4/5 day window. By that, I mean, through a major ticket broker (not sure if they are a sponsor here and don't want to break any rules--PM me and I will give you there info), a 4 day base ticket is $289.95 (including tax in this and all future prices); where as a 5 day base ticket is $280.09--that is not a typo. The 5 day base is almost $10 LESS. If you were to add on the water park option (which would allow you 4/5 visits to the water parks, ESPN, DisneyQuest), the 4 day ticket would go up to $339.95 (a $50 increase) and the 5 day would go up to $341.87 (a $61.76). To add park Hopping would increase the tickets to $350.00 (4 day) $368.48 (5 day). These are all adult ticket prices, but the main point is that a 4 day with the water park option is cheaper than the $51.90 water park ticket and $9 more than the 5 day ticket and a single admission water park ticket.

Frankly, your best value is the 4 day + Water Park and park Hopping at $350. You can always add a day when on site, or take advantage of the Water Park and more option to hit-up another water park or Disney Quest.

BTW, when/if you upgrade your ticket on site, and it has been used at least once (one time through the gate, it will be valued at the full price (not discounted price) of $386.60 towards any upgrade. Meaning that it should only cost $10.65/ticket to upgrade to the 5th day on site (actually cheaper than doing it in advance).

I know that is a lot of numbers. Boil it down to: buy the 4 Day Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More Options through the site I mentioned and then upgrade to a 5th day on site, midway through your trip, if you will need it:thumbsup:

I purchased my tickets for this trip through Intercot Sponsor "Official Ticket Center" I think they have the same offer as mentioned above, buy 4 days get the 5th free. Free shipping and they arrived Certified mail in just a couple of days. You can also pay a small fee and they will deliver them to you at your resort. Here is the link to "Official Ticket Center"

http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC

mgmnut
08-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Sorry I was wrong, these are not the same offers at all.

In the offer I saw it was:

"4 Day Walt Disney World Hopper & Water Park Fun & More Tickets with Exp-5th Day Free!" Adult cost $367.00

tjstrike
08-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Probably wouldn't hurt to give Magical Journeys a try ?