PDA

View Full Version : AoA or CBR?

chefmickey3
08-05-2013, 07:58 AM
If given the choice, would you choose Little Mermaid section of AoA or Pirate rooms at CBR? My sister had the choice to snag "free dining" but CBR was what was available. Same cost. She is traveling with DH and two kids ages 2 and 4.

AgentC
08-05-2013, 08:47 AM
That is a tough one.

The LM rooms and the Pirate rooms are both the furthest from the pools/food courts. CBR does have an internal bus if the walking is too much.

Both rooms will have full size beds but the CBR room will be a little bigger. LM rooms are very brightly colored and have a definite mermaid cartoon theme. It is cute but I do think the pirate rooms are more unique. My kids loved the beds that looked like ships.

CBR has more landscaping. It is really pretty and I think feels more serene than AOA. AOA has lots of bright statues and cartoons and feels much more bustling too me. You are always aware of the other people at AOA while at CBR there are areas that feel secluded.

The pools are AOA are nice. LM pool is cute. Big Blue Sea pool has music playing under water and a kiddie area with squirting water as well as a small playground. CBR has a very nicely themed pool with two water slides and a fantastic kiddie area with a pirate ship, mini slide and dumping water buckets.

Both food courts have a large selction but CBR does has a table service option as well.

Since the price is the same, I would go with CBR unless the theme of AOA is more appealing.

Strmchsr
08-05-2013, 09:44 AM
One thing to note about the "free" dining - it would be the QS plan at AoA and the standard plan at CBR (unless you've already factored in that upgrade cost at AoA).

buzznwoodysmom
08-05-2013, 11:15 AM
I would always go with the higher level resort when possible, so in this case CBR.

Not only does the resort have more amenities, but the room will also be a bit more spacious.

The most important reason I would pick CBR is because with free dining you would only get the Quick Service dining plan at the value resort level. At CBR you would get the basic plan which includes table service credits.

Arielfan98
08-05-2013, 12:57 PM
I actually heard you cannot get the free dining plan if staying at AoA

Strmchsr
08-05-2013, 01:42 PM
I actually heard you cannot get the free dining plan if staying at AoA

I went back and looked at Magical Journey's post and you are correct. AoA is excluded from the "free" dining promotion.

So - to the OP are you asking is it better to have CBR with "free" dining or AoA without it? To be that would be a no-brainer. AoA has nice themeing but the rooms (and the LM section especially, but the suites, too) still feel like a value resort. The moderates have a little different feel to them. Plus, if you're paying the same price for a room only at LM and then have to pay food OOP, but you get the food included for the same price at CBR, the CBR is definitely the way to go. I am not a fan of the "free" dining promotion and make off better with a room only discount, but from what you described, CBR would definitely be the better deal.

chefmickey3
08-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback. It will make my sister feel better. The price is the same at AoA with Dining and CBR with "free dining" for the same package. AoA is excluded as pp said plus it would be quick service plan. I tried to get her POR but she didn't move fast enough. I think her and the kids will enjoy CBR - it is her first Disney experience and we talk about Disney all the time - so I am really hoping that they have a good experience.

Strmchsr
08-05-2013, 06:43 PM
The pirate rooms will be a great first experience. They are really well themed. Just be sure she knows going in that the pirate rooms are the farthest from the pool and main building. If you have your own car, not a big deal, but walking or taking the bus can take some time. Not a huge deal, and I do enjoy CBR and think it has the most fun pool at the moderates, but it's a hassle, especially if you're not expecting it.