PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express baggage question

disneygoofball
08-04-2013, 05:48 PM
We just bought our plane tickets for January (yay! :muscles: ), but our flight arrives at 9:05 pm. The lady at Disney that I spoke with said that there's a chance we wouldn't get our luggage that night if we used the ME luggage tags they send us. Has anyone else arrived with a late flight and used the tags? Or has anyone NOT used the tags and gotten their own luggage and then carried it to the bus themselves? I've never gotten in late, so I haven't encountered this problem before. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! :blush:

faline
08-04-2013, 06:00 PM
My understanding is that you get your luggage if your flight arrives before 10 p.m. After 10 p.m., you'd need to collect your own luggage at the carousel.

If you flight is late, it might be a risk. Personally, I'd probably not use the luggage service and collect my own luggage if there's a risk that you won't get luggage delivery until the next day.

BrerGnat
08-04-2013, 06:21 PM
I have collected my own luggage a few times when using DME. There were trips where I wanted to have my bags right away, so I just didn't use the luggage tags and got them myself at baggage claim. It is no problem to take them on the bus with you. The driver will stow them underneath.

MargaretMessler
08-04-2013, 07:53 PM
Aside from all the reasons posted above, I think with a later flight like that, I would choose to leave the tags off and collect my own bags just because I wouldn't want bell services knocking on my door at midnight. Don't forget, your luggage rides to your resort separately - making other stops along the way, and could arrive a few hours after you do.

Opus X
08-04-2013, 07:54 PM
WE ALWAYS get our luggage and the take it to the buses no matter what time. I like to have it with me during check in...take it right to room.
It is VERY easy to get luggage at baggage claim then goto M.E. get on bus goto Resort....no issues.
All you need then is your "bus pass". You dont even need to mess with luggage tags.
Orlando airport isnt that big.. It takes us less than 10 minutes to go from baggage claim to M.E. kiosk.

disneygoofball
08-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Thanks, guys! I didn't even know you could do that! I think we'll forgo the tags and pick up our own luggage since it's that easy. Thanks for the help! :)

Opus X
08-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Thanks, guys! I didn't even know you could do that! I think we'll forgo the tags and pick up our own luggage since it's that easy. Thanks for the help! :)
Yep, call WDW and ask , they will tell you "that youdo NOT have to use the luggage tags"...you will need the "pass" to use the bus though for the free ride to WDW.
Alot of people forgo the tags. I just like to handle my own luggage.