PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill or Coral Reef

1goofyfamily
08-04-2013, 03:52 PM
We have eaten at both in the past and like certain things about each place but we are bringing some people who have never been to Disney before. The kids are 13 (girl), 14 (boy) and their mom. The 13 year old is a fairly picky eater too.

Pirate Granny
08-04-2013, 05:19 PM
The atmosphere is great at Coral Reef, but I would pick Garden Grill...are all 15 going...you will be hard pressed to sit together...adjoining tables...the booths at both places will only fit 6 if I recall correctly, so you'll be in tables on the second tier at Garden grill (we had 10 and it just fit between the two aisle ways), and I believe the top tier has the tables at Coral Reef. We ate at both in June (smaller group that time).

MargaretMessler
08-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Definitely Garden Grill to appeal to the masses, especially with a picky eater joining you

EpcotFan182
08-04-2013, 09:32 PM
I agree with Garden Grill, there is more food to choose from for picky eaters. :thumbsup:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-06-2013, 10:46 AM
While I was a bit underwhelmed by the food at the Garden Grill ( we ate there last Dec on the Candlelight Processional package) it does offer the character dining, which for first time Disney goers, they might find entertaining.

I think Coral Reef has more of a "formal" feel to it than GG, so if you are a larger group that might be talking across the table(s) it might be easier at GG.

1goofyfamily
08-06-2013, 02:11 PM
I agree with everything everyone is saying. This would be 11 of us. My sisiter's family and my mom & dad want to keep the Garden Grill because they haven't eaten there in a very long time and my littlest nephew will love it. We are just trying to lump in all our past favorites and some unique dining experiences to give them a memorable trip and it's tough to get a good balance.