PDA

View Full Version : What If Disney did a 'Do-Over' --------

Sunshine1010
08-04-2013, 02:01 AM
What if Disney did a 'Do-Over'?

I mean...what if they took out the capability of making reservations, took out FastPass, cancelled all the '+' stuff happening, did away with the extra EMH for onsite guests. What if they took away the dining plan?

What if? What would happen?

Hhhmmmmm

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
08-04-2013, 03:07 AM
You would stand in line! Been there, done that! NO THANKS!

retiredfigment
08-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Except for the plain old fast pass, I would be so excited. I am die hard Disney and even I am a little put out by all the planning.

Tekneek
08-04-2013, 08:43 AM
If they roll back all the double-inflation escalation of ticket prices as well, then maybe we're onto something.

Mfarquar
08-04-2013, 02:33 PM
It would be 1997? ;)

Main Street Jim
08-04-2013, 03:00 PM
You would stand in line! Been there, done that! NO THANKS!Why?

Because people today have *no patience* to wait in a line.

What did y'all do *before* FastPass, interactive queues, and all that?

brownie
08-04-2013, 09:03 PM
You'd be back to using ticket books, too. I'll take things as they are.

Tiggerlovr9000
08-05-2013, 09:47 PM
I am one of those weird people who is so happy to be at Disney that lines don't bother me. Problem is people I go with are bothered by lines.

SurferStitch
08-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Why?

Because people today have *no patience* to wait in a line.

What did y'all do *before* FastPass, interactive queues, and all that?

We skipped the more popular rides with hour+ lines, like Splash, BTMRR, Space. etc. We were on our 3rd WDW trip before we rode Splash and BTMRR because of the lines (and these were October trips). The first time we rode it was when they had E Nights. No lines.

We love FP... plain old FP. No + junk.

Dulcee
08-06-2013, 12:41 PM
We really don't mind waiting in lines. We didn't as kids either. We played games with my parents and such. Talked to neighbors.

I would love if ADRs would go back to what they use to be. Does anyone else remember when you walked into Epcot the video "phone booths" that you could make dining reservations on? One of the best parts of the trip for my sister and I were trying to talk my parents into where we wanted to eat that night and then getting to make the reservation that morning of.

LauraF
08-06-2013, 02:02 PM
I remember the Epcot phone booths!
We were still planners even then ( mostly because my mom is a picky eater) and we'd be there at gate open to make reservations. :D

I don't mind making ADRs far out and I think whomever invented FastPass deserves a massive promotion. Both of those *improve* the park experience. I didn't have to worry about where to eat, and I prefer doing other things to waiting in a queue.

As to the OP - what would happen? I think there would be a lot of people not sure how to relax and go with the flow. How that plays out, I'm not quite sure, but it would cause of a lot of anxiety. And complaints.

But Disney has never been able to discern between the squeaky wheel and a real issue. Squeaky wheels get replaced at my house, not oiled. :thedolls: