PDA

View Full Version : Value Resort for two adults

biggun35
08-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Seeking suggestions for a value resort for two adults in Nov, any help will be appreciated.

Itchy
08-03-2013, 07:29 PM
I like POP and All Star Movies. I don't remember which of the All Star resorts, Music or Sport is having a rehab of their food court, but folks are going to Movies for their meals.

I would vote for POP. I will be there in December with my daughter and her boy friend.

Hope this helps...:mickey:

faline
08-03-2013, 07:48 PM
We've stayed at Pop for an odd night here or there. If you can swing it, though, I'd suggest looking at a moderate instead of a value resort. The last time we stayed in a value resort, we slept in separate beds - those beds are just too tiny by my standards!

brownie
08-03-2013, 09:47 PM
If you can swing a moderate, the bigger bed can be worth it. I'd recommend Pop Century if you elect to stay at a value resort.

Capt_redshirt
08-03-2013, 10:23 PM
All star movies and pop are my choices. its all star music that is dealing with the refurb on the food court. so there might be increased traffic at both sports and movies food courts

Arielfan98
08-03-2013, 11:10 PM
I've been going to All Star Music my entire life and it's a great place. It's also the newest of all the All Stars and I love it. I wouldn't recommend All Star Sports because its food court, End Zone, will be closed until December and that means you would have to transfer to another AS hotel or into the parks for your meals. I would recommend a preferred room so you don't end up walking a mile to and from the food court if you don't mind spending a few extra bucks.

TinkerbellT421
08-03-2013, 11:18 PM
DBF and I stayed at all star movies our first trip together and then pop our second trip. If you are definitely planning a stay at a value (I second the previous suggestion of a moderate of you can swing it), I would recommend pop for sure! Definitely much better our of the options.

frozman
08-04-2013, 02:37 AM
For the most part, large teenage tour groups staying at values are booked at the All Stars --makes sense when you think about it, Football/Cheerleading/Softball=Sports, Marching Band/Choir=Music, Theater Performances/Drama clubs=Movies, so Pop Century could be a better choice based off of that, however, Pop is always more expensive, and Movies (I think) was the most expensive of the values when I took my 2011 trip (which is why I ended up at Sports.) But I have seen some conflicting information above (though I think 2 people got it right,) it is the food court at Sports that is closed through most of December, and as some rooms at Sports are about the same distance to the Music food court as the Sports food court, lots of people will be headed over to Music for their food, this makes both Sports and Music rather unattractive for the next few months. Though if you didn't plan on utilizing the food courts, I'd go for Sports! Everyone will be getting on the bus at music after their breakfast making lines long at that resort (remember they all share a bus)

Katzateer
08-04-2013, 07:42 AM
We like POP - has a more Disney feel and I like the buses to the parks better since you dont share with other resorts. I like the food court and you can walk to AOA food court too. I agree about the beds-we end up each in one since they are small.

I would prefer AOA but can't really think of that as a value - prices are higher than POP and would rather save $$$ for other activities.

brownie
08-04-2013, 08:49 PM
I've been going to All Star Music my entire life and it's a great place. It's also the newest of all the All Stars and I love it. I wouldn't recommend All Star Sports because its food court, End Zone, will be closed until December and that means you would have to transfer to another AS hotel or into the parks for your meals. I would recommend a preferred room so you don't end up walking a mile to and from the food court if you don't mind spending a few extra bucks.

I believe that Movies is the newest of the All-Star Resorts. I think Movies opened a few years after Sports & Music.

Opus X
08-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Music....nicest grounds and fewest kids of the values.

GoBlueLacheta
08-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Nice to see a fellow Preds fan on the boards. I'm in Franklin. Depending on season Port Orleans RS or FQ or CS if there is no big convention at the time, may only be incrementally more than the Value, but I'd have to say POP like a few of the others.

Cinderelley
08-09-2013, 05:48 AM
I love Pop Century. It's actually my favorite resort. I like the 50s section. It is nice and quiet, but a short distance to the main hall.

snowflakegirl
08-09-2013, 08:16 AM
I've stayed at Pop for an adults only trip as have my parents. We both stayed in the 50s building facing the lake. Wwe thought it was great.

MNNHFLTX
08-09-2013, 09:25 AM
Been to All Star Movies, All Star Sports and Pop Century and Pop is the only one I would go back to, with or without kids. Plenty of kids around, of course, but a nice atmosphere for adults too.

IloveJack
08-09-2013, 09:37 AM
We liked Pop a lot, it just doesn't have as fun of a kiddie pool and is always more expensive, plus our kids love the Movies, so we end up there more. However, since you're adults, that may not matter to you.

hoop de do
08-09-2013, 09:39 AM
We like POP. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

lightyearfan
08-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Before me and dw became DVC Members, most of our stays were at All Star Music, it's terrific for adults , imho it's the quietest of all the values, and the room is plenty big for 2 people, you'll really enjoy it

Victor:mickey:

N2DisneyWorld
08-13-2013, 11:56 PM
We have stayed at All Star Movies, Music & Pop Century. I loved all three but Music was my favorite. It seemed the least crowded, most quiet & the bus lines always seemed shortest among them all. We are pretty much in the room to sleep & shower so we preferred the Music.

I hope you have a magical trip!

nstarv
08-14-2013, 05:14 AM
:thumbsup:
Seeking suggestions for a value resort for two adults in Nov, any help will be appreciated.

What dates are you going to be at WDW in November?

As long as your stay ends by November 30 and depending on availability, I may be able to get you to a much better place on property for about the same money, give or take.

Mfarquar
08-14-2013, 04:23 PM
Another vote for Pop!

I think this is a great place for adults in the off-season. We have found it fairly quiet in the fall and I particularly prefer the direct bus service. I know the All Stars frequently share in the more quiet times. We have found the bus service at Pop during fall trips to be better than most of the moderates and deluxes. Request a room in the 50s for a nice, quiet area with a short walk to the bus and food/store.

Enjoy! :mickey:

hauntedmansiongirl
08-14-2013, 06:36 PM
We are a married couple, no kids and we have stayed a few times at Pop. We like the resort, the ability to try to get a King bed for no extra cost and the food court. Our only problem with it is the noise in the mornings. We are shift workers and sleep in, and it was impossible at Pop. By 6:30am the place is hopping and for some reason the building doesn't seem to be as well insulated as the mods.

We love POR too. Great landscaping, great food court, several quiet pools that are rarely busy. We always ask for a quiet room, which usually lands us in a far building, but we like the walk. At all the mods you can reserve a king bed for a little more money each night. It's worth every cent!

For just the two of us, Coronado would rank the highest. It is just more adult and the quietest resort that we have stayed at. And being a convention resort, there are very few people at the quiet pools or bus stops during the day. It just seems more laid back.

Have a great trip!! :magic:

steamboat willy
08-15-2013, 12:15 PM
All star movies and pop are my choices. its all star music that is dealing with the refurb on the food court. so there might be increased traffic at both sports and movies food courts

Actually, it's Allstar Sports (per our Disney Reservation Host) that is having their Food Court
Re-hab.
As two Adults, we Love Allstar Music. We'll be there in 48 days!