PDA

View Full Version : June, July or August

Disney1977
08-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Next summer we are hoping to travel to Disney World with family. We have three weeks we can all travel. The last week of June, the 3rd week of July or the 3rd week of August. Of these three weeks, which do you think will be less crowded? I noticed that this year some of the parks are closing 1 hour earlier after August 17. Could this be because of less guests?

Thank you for your help and experience.

faline
08-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Of the times you indicate, I'd select the last week in August. Crowds do begin to drop towards the end of the month.

MargaretMessler
08-03-2013, 03:38 PM
If avoiding a crowd is your #1 priority, I would probably say August as well. For me, I avoid them all because I don't do well with humidity, but that's me. For park hours, we're traveling in early September and the park hours are less, I know that is due to low crowds so maybe that extends back into August?

BugeyedMuggy
08-03-2013, 04:07 PM
I would avoid July due to the groups. End of June would be my choice of the 3 you mentioned but for less crowds end of August may be better. Humidity and hurricanes are a factor at that time tho.

kakn7294
08-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Because I've done them all, I'd list them in this order:

3rd week of August (moderate to large crowds)
3rd week of July (largest crowds and Brazilians)
last week of June (fairly large crowds, some Brazilians just starting to creep in)

GAN
08-03-2013, 05:11 PM
August is the way to go....

Pirate Granny
08-03-2013, 06:46 PM
The third week of August that we went, it rained, hard, every day for five hours...barely were able to use the pool at AKL...of course, it never rained overnight. But it sure kept the crowds down...I'm in a rain poncho for all the photo pass pictures.:confused:

faline
08-03-2013, 07:51 PM
The third week of August that we went, it rained, hard, every day for five hours...barely were able to use the pool at AKL...of course, it never rained overnight. But it sure kept the crowds down...I'm in a rain poncho for all the photo pass pictures.:confused:

You must have hit a bad stretch which is possible regardless of time of year. Typically August will have an intense afternoon/early evening thunderstorm which may last an hour or so and may not impact all areas of all parks and/or resorts. Tropical storms or hurricanes are a possibility but they are not frequent.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
08-03-2013, 09:43 PM
We went the 3rd week of June this year. Magic Kingdom was really the only "crowded" park, but manageable with Fastpass. I would say June or August.

DizneyRox
08-03-2013, 10:23 PM
I'm partial to July. August has always seemed hotter and more humid than July. We used to go early July, which is close to your 3rd week in June, except the crowds.

We like it because in peak summer, there usually isn't a lot of refurbs, and hours are generally the longest you'll see all year.

Arielfan98
08-04-2013, 12:24 AM
August is best because there are less people and the hotel rates are cheaper :D

GAN
08-04-2013, 06:06 AM
You must have hit a bad stretch which is possible regardless of time of year. Typically August will have an intense afternoon/early evening thunderstorm which may last an hour or so and may not impact all areas of all parks and/or resorts. Tropical storms or hurricanes are a possibility but they are not frequent.

The threat of an oncoming Tropical Storm is the best thing that could happen to you(as long as the parks don't close) because the parks will be empty. As long as you don't mind a little rain and wind, you'll think they built the park for you and your family.