PDA

View Full Version : Participate in MyMagic+ Test or Not

GrandFlo
08-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Just received an invitation to participate in the MyMagic+ test during our August trip.

I am alittle concerned because we have two seperate room only reservations...3 nights at YC and the remaining time at the GF with a 10 day park hopper.

The invitation is only for the 3 day reservation at the YC. So does this mean that once the first 3 days are used on my park hopper, the remaining seven would go back to the "old fashioned fast pass sytem"?

Also, is it true that you can only get 3 fast pass+ experiences per park per day :confused:

On a good day, we have been able to obtain 5 (sometimes more) fast passes per person and in multiple parks.

With the exception of finally being able to ride Toy Story without a mad dash for FP in the morning :D, I don't think this would benefit my family and the way we vacation at Disney.

I am very confused :confused: and could really use some advice from those that have tried the MyMagic+ test.

Thanks!!!:mickey:

Dulcee
08-02-2013, 07:18 PM
I would do it, especially since its linked to your short reservation.

We did it and it was honestly worth it just to avoid the mad dash to toy story mania.

chefmickey3
08-02-2013, 08:55 PM
We haven't been part of the trials but given your split ressie, I would do it. You can try it for three days and then the rest of your trip will be the way you are used to doing it. I think it would give you a unique perspective. I agree that trying it is worth it not to have to run for TSM FP!

Melanie
08-02-2013, 09:24 PM
It's 3 FP per day at one park.

BuddyL4
08-02-2013, 10:18 PM
I found when setting up our FP+ that the Magic Kingdom has you choose 3 but then throws in a 4th. The 4th could be changed to something else if you don't like what is chosen for you. I also found that I didn't sweat the time it dishes out because you could change the FP+ time to what works for you. I also will add that I was never selected, I just followed the My Disney Experience web site and picked out our bands (arrived 2 days ago) and picked some of our FP+'s.

VWL Mom
08-03-2013, 06:55 AM
Just received an invitation to participate in the MyMagic+ test during our August trip.

I am alittle concerned because we have two seperate room only reservations...3 nights at YC and the remaining time at the GF with a 10 day park hopper.

The invitation is only for the 3 day reservation at the YC. So does this mean that once the first 3 days are used on my park hopper, the remaining seven would go back to the "old fashioned fast pass sytem"?

Also, is it true that you can only get 3 fast pass+ experiences per park per day :confused:

On a good day, we have been able to obtain 5 (sometimes more) fast passes per person and in multiple parks.

With the exception of finally being able to ride Toy Story without a mad dash for FP in the morning :D, I don't think this would benefit my family and the way we vacation at Disney.

I am very confused :confused: and could really use some advice from those that have tried the MyMagic+ test.

Thanks!!!:mickey:

Accepting the invite on a split stay would be a good way to test the new system vs the old system. By using both systems you would probably be able to give some great feedback.

I also will add that I was never selected, I just followed the My Disney Experience web site and picked out our bands (arrived 2 days ago) and picked some of our FP+'s.

So it just appeared on the site one day? Interesting. I keep hoping but nothing yet.

Tekneek
08-03-2013, 08:21 AM
I would be interested in reading about how this works out. All indications are that this is a net loss for people who realized benefits from FP, or are serious tourplanners. Knowing that you are familiar with FP and have been able to maximize its benefit in the past, I would really like to see what you think of FP+ in action.

However, it is useful to note that tests won't really reveal the full impact of this program on your non-FP+ wait times.