PDA

View Full Version : Photopass+

We LOVE Disney
08-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Do any discounts ever come out for the Photopass+ program (for lack of a better word)?

The price right now is $149 if you order 14 days before your vacation which is fine because we don't leave until June 2014. However, if any discounts ever come out, I am willing and have the time to wait.

Thanks!
Tracy

faline
08-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Haven't heard of any sales on this product but I suppose it is always a possibility that Disney could announce a special.

Strmchsr
08-02-2013, 10:43 AM
:ditto: No discounts have been released for it since they first went to plus. There are specials from time to time on various other products but not the Plus. Pretty much the pre-vacation discount is as good as it gets.

We LOVE Disney
08-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks for the replies :thumbsup:

I KNOW we got this the last time we were there (in 2012) but I can not find where it is in my books to see how much it was. My last one I can find was in 2009 and it was $99.95 or something like that.

I really like having this because it means I actually get to be in some of the pictures as opposed to being the one always behind the camera! I just need to decide if $149 is worth it now.....

ibelieveindisneymagic
08-02-2013, 12:49 PM
It would have been $99 back in 2009. The price of the "regular" photopass increased last year when they introduced the Photopass +.

Now, the pre-order price for the "regular" photopass is $119 and Photopass + is $149.

So, if you're getting to get photopass anyways, it can make sense (if you're doing meals with pictures or like ride pictures) to get the +.

Camaro305
08-02-2013, 01:49 PM
With one dining picture being 31.90 (or whatever the price is now) we think it's a great value. Plus you get certain on-ride photos.

We LOVE Disney
08-02-2013, 02:24 PM
With one dining picture being 31.90 (or whatever the price is now) we think it's a great value. Plus you get certain on-ride photos.

We got several of the ride photos last year! It was great because we knew where most of the cameras would be so we would always have a planned pose. It was nice knowing I wouldn't have to worry about "buying" those pictures individually :mickey:

N2DisneyWorld
08-11-2013, 01:25 PM
We did the photopass + this year and I loved it. It was nice not to have to carry a camera everywere. Anytime I saw a photographer, we stopped and got a picture. We also added all the pictures from the rides to our pass and our dinner picture from the Hoop De Doo review (HDD also gave us the printed package saying it was included in our photopass). If I needed to take a picture, I took it with my iphone.

My favorite picture was the group of us in front of Adventureland. We were photobombed by Peter Pan. I didn't know it until I got home and looked at our pictures.