PDA

View Full Version : Reservation changes

Marytheta
08-01-2013, 10:01 PM
So I called the dining line tonight to adjust our ressies down by 2 as part of our party can't make it now. I was surprised to find out they had to cancel my ressie and rebook me. For some of our days we couldn't rebook at the same restaurant as they didn't have availability... So the rep suggested just letting them know when we check in that part of our party couldn't make it. I don't like to hold spots and would rather have cancelled the two seats but also don't want to have to start our dining plans from scratch. Has anyone ever run into this before? It just didn't seem right. I have run into a need to cancel and rebook when we ADDED to our party and that made sense due to fire code limitations, but to have to do this to make more room just seems silly to me. :shrug:

mgmnut
08-01-2013, 10:27 PM
If you are still showing up, your just down by 2, I say keep your reservations.

You tried to do the right thing, but if it means losing your spot all together don't cancel it. As far as where you will be seated, they can make any changes at the podeum if they need to.

mydisneygirls
08-02-2013, 09:07 AM
I called in early July to change my reservations from 4 to 3. I called the dining line and they did it for me with no problem at all (didn't have to cancel any of the reservations I had made). Maybe the person you were talking to was unaware of what to do!!! I hope everything is all set now.

2MuchWDFun
08-02-2013, 08:01 PM
I called in early July to change my reservations from 4 to 3. I called the dining line and they did it for me with no problem at all (didn't have to cancel any of the reservations I had made). Maybe the person you were talking to was unaware of what to do!!! I hope everything is all set now.

I think it depends how many people are in the original party.
For example: Going from 4 people to 2 people could change the type/size of the table top.
However, going from 4 people to 3 people would keep your party at a 4 top table and you probably wouldn't need to rebook your ressie.
(Hope this makes sense:confused:)

My experience for our upcoming trip is that we decided to invite our adult son to join us so we went from 2 to 3. When I went to add him to our dining reservations I had to rebook all of them since we moved from a 2 top to a 4 top table.

TinkerbellT421
08-02-2013, 08:26 PM
That's strange. DBF and I just made our ADRs this past weekend and for Ohana we made a party of 4 reservation in anticipation of Christine and her hubby joining us. We specifically asked if for some reason they are not able to make are we able to cancel two spots and the woman said yes no problem we just drop two from your reservation, no canceling no rebooking. Strange. I would try calling back and talking to another person and see what they say. I've come to learn that not all cm's know their stuff, sad but true.

Marytheta
08-02-2013, 10:12 PM
That's strange...We specifically asked if for some reason they are not able to make are we able to cancel two spots and the woman said yes no problem we just drop two from your reservation, no canceling no rebooking. Strange. I would try calling back and talking to another person and see what they say. I've come to learn that not all cm's know their stuff, sad but true.

That is what I thought too. I'll have to try calling back in again. I just feel guilty holding spots. We have a larger party so I'm not sure if we would really change table sizes, if anything we would just be releasing a 2 top they would be adding onto our other tables.

Thanks everyone for the info!