PDA

View Full Version : Tonga Toast

disneydeb
08-01-2013, 12:42 PM
I have never tried it, but I would like to try it. Where could I find it quickly on property? Would I have to make a ressie for breakfast?

Mickey'sGirl
08-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Hi Deb! you can get it at Kona Cafe for $12 (a Table Service restaurant at the Polynesian) ... or at Captain Cook's (the Quick Service at the Poly) for $5 . Either way, it is available!! :eat:

cer
08-01-2013, 01:29 PM
I vote Captain Cooks! MUCH less expensive, no gratuity and you can come and go with no wait.

It is on the bottom floor of the Poly. If you are upstairs, take the stairwell by Ohana and turn left and go down the hallway and you are there.

Katzateer
08-01-2013, 02:32 PM
Do you get the strawberry compote at the fast service?

My breakfast at Kona's is my favorite meal at WDW. I could never give up my crispy bacon with my Tonga Toast and the wonderful!! Coffee!

And the fresh pineapple on the side- sometimes I order an extra bowl of it.

cer
08-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Do you get the strawberry compote at the fast service?

My breakfast at Kona's is my favorite meal at WDW. I could never give up my crispy bacon with my Tonga Toast and the wonderful!! Coffee!

And the fresh pineapple on the side- sometimes I order an extra bowl of it.

I cannot say if the strawberry compote is offered or not. I have never wanted it, so I couldn't say.

BUT you can get just the tonga toast, or tonga toast with bacon, or tonga toast with sausage.

disneydeb
08-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Thanks all for the terrific responses, I think I will get my tonga toast with a side o bacon and coffee at Capt. Cooks!:D

brownie
08-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Captain Cook's is the faster way to get it and it's the same Tonga Toast from what I've heard. I've only had it at Captain Cook's.

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Captain Cooks all the way for Tonga Toast! Cheaper and just as good. THE BEST PERK??? You can bring your tray of food and eat outside by the pool. If you are early enough and listen really hard, you can almost hear the MK train! :cloud9:

This is our favorite spot for breakfast when we aren't rushing to rope drop. Kids love to play in the sand while DH and I look over park maps and leisurely eat our massive Tonga Toast. We never get any syrup or any compote. Its more than sweet enough for us.