PDA

View Full Version : Room Offer: Up to 30% off October 2-December 23, 2013

Tink1
08-01-2013, 07:08 AM
Fall brings enchanting experiences to Walt Disney World Resort—and you can get closer to the excitement with this special offer for fall travel!

Save up to 30% on stays at select Disney Resort hotels, valid for stays most nights:

•September 29 through November 9, 2013—book by September 15, 2013

•November 10 through November 22, 2013* and November 30 through December 23, 2013—book by November 3, 2013

Resort CategorySavings

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels 30%

• Disney’s BoardWalk Villas• Disney’s Old Key West Resort
• Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
• The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels save 30%

• Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Standard/Pool View Rooms
• Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
• Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
• Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
• Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
• Disney's Polynesian Resort

Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels save 20%

• The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
• Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
• Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
• Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Select Disney Value Resort Hotels save 15%

• Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
• Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
• Disney’s Pop Century Resort
• Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
• Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites (limited travel dates)**

Contact Magical Journeys (http://yourmagicaljourneys.com/) Today!

Nanc

Small print:

The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Savings based on the non-discounted price of the same room. Length of stay requirements may apply.

* In addition to the dates above, this offer is also valid for stays November 23 to
November 25, 2013 at Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts.

** Offer valid at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites for stays the following nights: September 29 to October 5, 2013, October 20 to November 2, 2013, November 10 to November 22, 2013 and December 15 to December 23, 2013.

tinksmom02
08-01-2013, 08:57 AM
I need to step away from the computer and wait to hear from TerriSue...trying to run the numbers myself on the WDW website and the prices I'm getting, with the discounts, are MORE than what I'm already booked in at with only 1 night discounted as part of a bounceback. ? Oh, maybe the ticket increase...

Thankful that Magical Journeys is such a wonderful company that goes the extra mile! :number1:

Jeri
08-01-2013, 09:13 AM
I am patiently waiting to hear from Karen. It looks like we can get the room discount. With 2 rooms for 11 nights this could help a bunch!!
The free dining doesn't work with our dates.
I know the ladies at Magical Journeys are super busy, so trying to be patient while waiting to hear from her!

Tink1
08-01-2013, 09:14 AM
On both the Free Dine offer and the Room only, the ticket price increase is going to factor in.

All the agents have been hard at work since before DRC even opened. We prefer to get everyone taken care of and then email.

Sit tight.....we are on it!

Nanc

Jeri
08-01-2013, 09:17 AM
I know you are all busy, but does anyone know if we booked our trip way back in August 2012 & paid our deposits then, will we have to now pay the ticket price increase when getting the room discount offered?

VWL Mom
08-01-2013, 09:57 AM
I know you are all busy, but does anyone know if we booked our trip way back in August 2012 & paid our deposits then, will we have to now pay the ticket price increase when getting the room discount offered?

I would think if you were switching packages the new ticket prices would apply.

tinksmom02
08-01-2013, 10:33 AM
On both the Free Dine offer and the Room only, the ticket price increase is going to factor in.

All the agents have been hard at work since before DRC even opened. We prefer to get everyone taken care of and then email.

Sit tight.....we are on it!

Nanc

I know you are all hard at work and I know we all appreciate your dedication!

garymacd
08-01-2013, 11:12 AM
We are headed down to WDW on November 20 for our daughter and SIL's group honeymoon. They decided they couldn't afford the Disney Wedding they dreamed of, and not all the family could or would attend a destination wedding like this.

We did get a sweet deal from Disney's Group Vacations Sales office with discounts on rooms at POFQ, Park Hopper passes and Disney Dining Plan.

Now that this new offer is out, I just did some calculations and found that if we switched all of this trip from the group plan to the free dining plan we would save a total of...

...wait for it...

$5 per person!

And we would have to cancel our current reservations,
And we would have to change hotels,
And we wouldn't be all together or even in the same building
And we would have to pay the cancellation fee.

Definitely not worth it for our group this trip.

But if you're down there on free dining from November 20 - 26, look for us.

maetrey
08-01-2013, 05:19 PM
Yay! I got the free dining for our vacation. However..I am unhappy with the fact that Disney Visa holders were not given first shot at it. I thought that was one of the perks (and reasons) we have the Disney Visa. I did not leak the release date and should not have been punished for it, which is what I feel happened. I could be wrong though. Had to completely change resorts, go to two rooms as there are 3 children with us and then pay to upgrade our dining plan. Happy to be going, just not as happy as I would have been. Sorry to fuss

VWL Mom
08-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Yay! I got the free dining for our vacation. However..I am unhappy with the fact that Disney Visa holders were not given first shot at it. I thought that was one of the perks (and reasons) we have the Disney Visa. I did not leak the release date and should not have been punished for it, which is what I feel happened. I could be wrong though. Had to completely change resorts, go to two rooms as there are 3 children with us and then pay to upgrade our dining plan. Happy to be going, just not as happy as I would have been. Sorry to fuss

I'm going to take a guess (because you are a party of 5) that you were originally booked at POFQ? If that's the case, it wasn't sold out for the offer it's just not included in the offer. You may have been better off to stay there with the room only offer and pay for the dining.

maetrey
08-01-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm going to take a guess (because you are a party of 5) that you were originally booked at POFQ? If that's the case, it wasn't sold out for the offer it's just not included in the offer. You may have been better off to stay there with the room only offer and pay for the dining.

Correct you are. I had one person tell me Riverside was included but had used all the free dining rooms up, who knows. It is costing me around $800 more than I planned. I thought about staying in that room and dropping dining, but the $800 comes up to only $18 a day per person to spend. (5 people/9days) I don't know, what is the room discount and is it still available? Thanks

VWL Mom
08-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Correct you are. I had one person tell me Riverside was included but had used all the free dining rooms up, who knows. It is costing me around $800 more than I planned. I thought about staying in that room and dropping dining, but the $800 comes up to only $18 a day per person to spend. (5 people/9days) I don't know, what is the room discount and is it still available? Thanks

The room only discount is 20% on POFQ. Not sure when you're traveling so don't know the availability. You could have our friends at Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) check for you.

I'm thinking though, the avg room at POFQ runs about 230 - 270 so your savings be about $50 per night which is the cost of 1 adult on the DDP. You may be better with what you have as long as you are happy there.

IloveJack
08-01-2013, 09:33 PM
After two calls, and over two hours on the phone (1:45 on hold), I decided to stay with what we have. 7 nights at ASM with the room only discount came to a whopping $37 difference. That makes no sense to me (unless its due to the ticket increase). I wasn't willing to move to ASMu for just $37; my DD likes Buzz and Woody too much. Free dining isn't available during our dates, either, so no discounts for us this trip. Oh well.

tinksmom02
08-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Poor Terrisue was on the phone all day with these discounts! MJ has some awesome, incredible agents, let me tell you! Anyway, she was able to get us in for "free" dining, so we're saving over $430 for our trip. Not too bad, especially since I'd already decided to do the DDP for this trip anyway.

I had posted in the vacation planning thread that we were considering shortening this trip, and moving it over to Universal, but this savings might change all that...

Tinker-Brendie
08-02-2013, 08:54 AM
Is it normal for the Poly to sell out on the first day of a special offer? Just wondering...

Patricia
08-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Is it normal for the Poly to sell out on the first day of a special offer? Just wondering...

I was checking dates and I see Riverside is sold out during some dates as well.

DisneyEpcotDad
08-02-2013, 09:57 AM
:confused: I kind of miss the more simpler days of making reservations. Now it seems more complicated. I gave up trying to figure the value of the dining plans years ago! Now the special offers offered between all the variations, e.g. Annual passholder rates, AAA rates, Disney regular discounts is moving into the "who's on first?" category. Now I see why there are people working numerous, long, hours to assist us with travel and room reservations!:ack: Thanks to you all!

brownie
08-02-2013, 11:05 AM

Could be there weren't a lot of rooms available for the special offer to begin with.

MPoppins
08-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Woo hoo! I thought I wouldn't be able to take advantage of these discounts yet I got a magical email from Debbie K. this morning telling me she had switched our ressie over to this rate! She is saving us $800!! I love Magical Journeys and I love Debbie K!:mickey:

TexansInNY
08-05-2013, 03:26 PM
FYI - just got off the phone with WL for December trip and saved $978! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
08-05-2013, 07:44 PM
DW and I are planning to go to WDW for an early 25th anniversary trip, early to take in F&W festival. Oct 20-25 are the dates. Now she books the Poly (thru Magical Journeys as always) in April of this year.
Here's what I don't understand; the very day that the room discount and free dining come out, and we're already booked at the Poly, there no availability???
Please, someone explain how this is possible. Needless to say I am not happy in the least.

brownie
08-05-2013, 08:05 PM
DW and I are planning to go to WDW for an early 25th anniversary trip, early to take in F&W festival. Oct 20-25 are the dates. Now she books the Poly (thru Magical Journeys as always) in April of this year.
Here's what I don't understand; the very day that the room discount and free dining come out, and we're already booked at the Poly, there no availability???
Please, someone explain how this is possible. Needless to say I am not happy in the least.

If the Polynesian already has good occupancy, there may be few to none rooms available during your dates. When a discount is released, it doesn't apply to all rooms at a resort. There's a limit number of discounted rooms made available.

KarenP
08-07-2013, 03:03 PM

Check your email. I think you will be happy! ;)

DisneyorBust
08-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Once again Karen, your hard work has made DW and I happy. Is it any wonder that we always contact you when we plan a trip to WDW. Thanks Karen!! You and Magical Journeys are the best!

Shea&Sky'smom
08-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Called WDW on the morning the special offers were released and no luck on the room discount or FD at the Wilderness Lodge unless we upgraded to a Suite or changed our dates. I was also surprised that Disney Visa cardholders didn't get an early special offer. Thinking we should use magical journeys to help plan our next trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
08-08-2013, 09:10 AM
I noticed Beach Club not included, is that typical?

Tink1
08-08-2013, 09:30 AM
I noticed Beach Club not included, is that typical?

Beach Club is included, just depends on if there are available rooms on specific dates.

Nanc

vicster
08-18-2013, 10:02 PM
Called WDW on the morning the special offers were released and no luck on the room discount or FD at the Wilderness Lodge unless we upgraded to a Suite or changed our dates. I was also surprised that Disney Visa cardholders didn't get an early special offer. Thinking we should use magical journeys to help plan our next trip!

Absolutely use Magical Journeys - they got me into WL!