PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party?

Poohbear88
07-31-2013, 07:20 PM
How far out can you book this?:confused:

mgmnut
07-31-2013, 07:44 PM
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=200418&highlight=dessert+party

Take a look at this discussion. I have never been able to score ressies for this, I think it is a small window you need to work in. it sells out in a matter of days

ibelieveindisneymagic
07-31-2013, 09:01 PM
It takes a bit of stalking, and a bit of luck.

Generally, it is about 60 days in advance (ie, you can book December at the beginning of November), but it isn't at all set in stone, and seems to vary.

I'd start checking online/calling about 90 days out. It is a total pain ... and you do have to call, for this trip we tried to book online, couldn't, called and it was indeed open for bookings.

readytogo2
08-01-2013, 06:50 PM
is it worth the cost?

Davy Crockett
08-20-2013, 08:32 PM
We booked it during our last visit and it is worth doing once. You can only ingest so much sugar in one 2+ hour period - LOL
60 days advance booking window was what it was in 2012.
IF YOU DO BOOK IT, YOU DO NOT - I REPEAT DO NOT HAVE TO STAND IN LINE BEFORE. You and your party a have pre-assigned table (name tag and all). WE waisted an hour of valuable ride time waiting thinking we could pick a prime table near the rail. Nothing doing... Good thing was there are really no bad seats and you can go and stand next to the railing if you so choose as by that time you have had all the desserts you want.

RALPH
08-21-2013, 08:06 AM
We tried last year for our 25th anniversary after being told by WDW reservations to call on Aug 1 for a Sept. trip. It was fully booked by then. They started taking reservations on July 23, and sold out a few days later.

For this years Sept trip we started calling every day beginning in June. They opened up for reservations on July 8 and we scored one.

Moral, call every day around 75 days and call in the late morning. I called at 7:00AM on the 8th and no reservations were being taken. My wife checked around 11: 00 and they had started. Sold out soon afterward.

I'll let you know what I think when we get back, but this event really requires a lot of effort to secure.