PDA

View Full Version : Lunch Suggestions (not in parks)

GoBlueLacheta
07-31-2013, 11:13 AM
It is our first time on the dining plan, and we are not accustomed to eating a full breakfast and lunch or really ever having to book any ADR's beyond dinner and maybe 1 breakfast per trip.

Does anyone have any good lunch suggestions that are not in the parks?

We have booked at
Grand Floridan Cafe
Saana

faline
07-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Kona Cafe is a nice lunch spot. It's usually pretty quiet during lunch hours.

chefmickey3
07-31-2013, 01:11 PM
We have enjoyed Kona Café at the Poly, Beaches and Cream, Contemp Café (CS). We tried GF Café for the first time last week and really enjoyed it.

Pop Centurion
07-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Another vote for Kona Cafe.

You didn't specify TS or QS but Wolfgang Puck Express & Cookes of Dublin are both very good.

disneymom15
07-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Not sure if this is on the dining plan, but, Earl of Sandwich at DTD is a good option.

TheDuckRocks
08-01-2013, 12:18 PM
A few of our favorites:
Paradiso 37 - DTD
Wolfgang Puck Café - DTD (not the counter service). We have not been there since Wolfgang sold it though and I've noticed some menu changes. The Express CS at the Marketplace is still owned by him.
Captain's Grille - Yacht Club
Ragland Road - DTD
We also found these to be good:
Big River Grill - BWI
Olivia's Café - OKW
On my list for next year is Fulton's Crab House it is a 2 credit TS at dinner, I'm not sure about lunch.

AvonleaCF
08-01-2013, 01:08 PM
Boardwalk has a lot of various offerings. Food carts along the water have hot dogs, pizza, and such, and the Boardwalk Bakery has sandwiches (including lobster), quiches, salads, and baked goods.

disneynarula
08-08-2013, 12:03 PM
We were pleasantly surprised with the GF cafe. We were also looking for an off park place for lunch that was near the MK. It was quiet and a nice change of pace. Even better it is on the monorail so it was easy to get to and did not require a lot of travel. Our lunch was very tasty.

Saanna is one of our must dos every trip. The food is unique and yummy. However, it does require a bit of travel and is probably best on an Animal Kingdom park day.

We also like Wolfgang Puck express as well as the Cafe.

We did not like the Kona cafe.

GoBlueLacheta
08-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Thanks for all of your suggestions. It is just a meal we normally do not do table service for but with the dining plan will do for the first time.

ls1jt
08-08-2013, 02:43 PM
I'm a fan of Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. You can look at the animals, trading posts, play arcade games, and gawk at River Country while you are there too.

Enjoy wherever you decide!

GoBlueLacheta
08-11-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm a fan of Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. You can look at the animals, trading posts, play arcade games, and gawk at River Country while you are there too.

Enjoy wherever you decide!

Thanks, Fairlawn Ohio ?

Wish they had a Whitey's as an option for lunch. :thumbsup:

SBETigg
08-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Do you have regular or deluxe dining plan? The regular dining plan is only one table service per night of stay, so you might find that you still stick to dinner for TS and use your counter service for lunch. Though you can use it any way you wish, and you've already chosen two of my favorite lunch places.

Cinderelley
08-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Did they get rid of the option to use a table service credit and a counter restaurant?

GoBlueLacheta
08-12-2013, 11:02 AM
We have the premium dining plan. So we are looking for TS options in at least an attempt to get full value. We had never done the dining plan before, but we wanted to at least be able to dine where we wanted.

SBETigg
08-12-2013, 11:07 AM
We have the premium dining plan. So we are looking for TS options in at least an attempt to get full value. We had never done the dining plan before, but we wanted to at least be able to dine where we wanted.

In that case, yes, you want some TS lunches in there. You might also want to try some Signature dining. It's a lot of food. Obviously, you want to get the best value out of the plan, but also keep in mind that your own comfort might sometimes prevail over getting the best value. When we did the Deluxe plan, I had to remind myself that we didn't have to eat everything just because we'd paid for the plan. But it's a great opportunity to try new places. Enjoy!

GoBlueLacheta
08-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Yes. I think we know going in we are hardly going to both want dessert at lunch and dinner every day haha etc.

We just want to be smart about our bookings. Most of them are set, it is just a few lunches here and there that I was looking for help with. Dinners seem to be the easy part as there are a plethora of high quality offerings out there even though we book-ended our vacation with Ohana 1st night and last night. :blush:

SBETigg
08-12-2013, 03:19 PM
Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club serves lunch. Haven't tried it, but the menu looks good. Something to add to your list outside the MK area.

miltimo5
08-14-2013, 12:32 PM
whispering canyon cafe over at wilderness lodg can be an interesting lunch

disneynarula
08-15-2013, 03:41 AM
Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club serves lunch. Haven't tried it, but the menu looks good. Something to add to your list outside the MK area.

We ate there at dinner and it was very good. We liked it so much we cancelled one of our other ADRs and ate there twice.

Cinderelley
08-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Raglan Road is really yummy.

renecat
08-22-2013, 01:12 PM
The Captains Grille is a great lunch spot as is the Grand Floridian.

GoBlueLacheta
08-22-2013, 01:13 PM
The Captains Grille is a great lunch spot as is the Grand Floridian.

Do you know where to find a current menu for The Captain's Grille? Can't seem to find a lunch menu.

Scar
08-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Do you know where to find a current menu for The Captain's Grille? Can't seem to find a lunch menu.Here (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/captains-grille/menus/lunch/) you go!

GoBlueLacheta
08-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks. Don't know why I couldn't seem to locate it.

buzznwoodysmom
08-24-2013, 08:05 PM
My first thought was Grand Floridian Cafe, so glad to see you already booked it!

Other places we have enjoyed are Kona Cafe, Captains Grill, Beaches N Cream, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Wolf Gang Puck Express, Earl of Sandwich. Those are the ones that come to mind.