PDA

View Full Version : UK Discounts

disneynarula
07-31-2013, 03:45 AM
We are moving to the UK next summer and already trying to plan our half term holiday for the fall of 2014.

Have any UK residents out there booked their 2014 holiday and used the current discounts offered?

I am trying to figure out if the 14 day Ultimate Ticket is really that good of a discount.

Do you stay on property or off?

Do you usually go during the Fall half term or the Winter? I have not been in the winter since I was a child myself, nearly twenty years ago.

We need room for six. At that point in time our children will be 10,7,4,and 1.

I am not opposed to staying in a value resort but am thinking we might be better of staying off property to save money rather than stay in a value resort.

Do you think you get a better deal booking your airfare through Disney?

merciantinkerbell
07-31-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi! Welcome to the UK ( next year)!!!!!! Hubby and I have already booked for Oct 2014 because if we booked BEFORE July 1st this year we got free dining- quick service as staying POFQ - a free $200 gift card and a 14 day ticket for price of a 7!! Too good an offer to miss. We don't have children so can't help too much there, however it takes a day or 2 to get over jet lag so if considering half term which is only a week that may be something to think about. We booked through Virgin Holidays as they could sort out flights this early which Disney couldn't. We think the Ultimate Ticket is great value as it gives you UNLIMITED access to all 4 parks, both water parks, DisneyQuest and a round of mini golf a day!! Hope this is some help

merciantinkerbell
07-31-2013, 06:08 AM
Re-reading your post - the cost difference between booking through Disney or Virgin Holidays was negligible - about £100. You do get a lot cheaper off site but car hire is expensive. We're forgoing it next year as to get a car for us, luggage and wheelchair would cost £300!!! For your family of 6 and luggage, you'd be looking at a mini van possibly which would be even more. We found Disney transport to be very good so using that, although bit nervous about using Magical Express for first time. But this is just my opinion, others may disagree

mgmnut
07-31-2013, 12:34 PM
We found Disney transport to be very good so using that, although bit nervous about using Magical Express for first time. But this is just my opinion, others may disagree

I think you will find that Magical Express works great. It is Quick, Efficient, and get's you to your resort in comfort. We have used it quite a few times without any issues. although not from an international flight, but I am sure it works just the same.

disneynarula
08-05-2013, 04:32 AM
We have used ME before and would be happy to use Disney Transport even though we have always had our own car. We thought about renting two smaller cars instead of a van. Of course that increases ticket prices.

My husbands company would possibly pay for private schools for the children so their half term is a little longer. We typically don't have trouble with jet lag going back to the states (we live in Germany right now) It's coming back that is a nightmare.

Anyone use a UK travel agent they can suggest for us? We will miss using MJ but they can't book us the U.K. deals.

merciantinkerbell
08-05-2013, 07:29 AM
There are many UK companies that book Disneyworld and Disney Travel Company themselves. However I recommend Virgin Holidays, always been very good and competitively priced. We also found that they fly into MCO with more choice of flights. Others companies tend to go to Sanford - so no ME - and less flights, only certain days of the week for example. Virgin go every day from Gatwick, Manchester ( which is where we go from) and Glasgow in the summer. Hope this helps.

disneynarula
08-08-2013, 11:34 AM
That is helpful. We would most likely be flying from Manchester as well. Thank you! I will look into Virgin.

merciantinkerbell
08-08-2013, 04:08 PM
You're very welcome. Glad I could help. Feel free to ask anything else if you want.