PDA

View Full Version : BOG Booked - Any Ideas to Get In?

MN_Rose
07-30-2013, 11:33 AM
My daughter REALLY wants to eat at Be Our Guest on Thursday. As soon as we booked our airfare (didn't get to make plans until recently), I started trying to get reservations, but they are booked. Does anyone have any ideas for still getting into have dinner there? I appreciate all your help and I share the Intercot love.

PopPhan
07-30-2013, 11:39 AM
Try getting there really early for lunch. Dinner reservations are nigh on impossible to get, even at 180+10 (if staying on property)

FriendsofMickey
07-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Try getting there really early for lunch. Dinner reservations are nigh on impossible to get, even at 180+10 (if staying on property)

I agree. We have a trip planned for November with all our ressies including "Be Our Guest"; however, something came up and we are going in September instead. I called made the ressies, and cannot get into Be Our Guest. I have tried a ton of times hoping someone would cancel and I would be lucky enough to get it, but it has been a month or two now and NOTHING. So, I am guessing we will be doing lunch when we are there.

I still have not convinced myself to cancel November (holding out hope). When/if I do cancel , I am going to make someone very, very happy I am sure.

ginny57
07-30-2013, 12:34 PM
I had lunch there back in December and it was worth it. The menu is different but they still serve the food to you and you can see the place and eat in any room you'd like.

Dinner may not happen - I am going 2x(12 days total) before the end of the year and trying daily for every day I'll be there has done no good.

Capt_redshirt
07-30-2013, 12:36 PM
You can always call the dinner reservation line to see if there is a cancelation its not guaranteed but its a better option then showing up in hopes to get in.

cer
07-30-2013, 12:39 PM
The following is my response to a previous thread regarding BOG. We were there for lunch on June 16...

"It's crowded and impossible to get a reservation, because it is an AMAZING space.

I will not wring my hands or even attempt to get a dinner reservation, I won't even try, but I did line up at 10:20 am on Sunday - Father's Day(it opens at 10:30) and we were inside and seated by 11am. The details are unbelievable and they have done an excellent job at re-creating the ballroom in real life. By the way, the food was pretty great, too. We had the potato leek soup and the onion soup and the turkey sandwich and the roast beef sandwich.

I would encourage any Beauty and the Beast fan that this is not to be missed, but I personally would not worry about not getting in for dinner. In fact, I think I would prefer a casual lunch where you are comfortable enough to walk around taking pictures and seeing all there is to see."

My advice would be to keep trying for dinner, but don't sweat it if you can't get in. Go for lunch - I was glad that we did.

faline
07-30-2013, 12:39 PM
I'd still suggest you continue to try - including day of. I'm not sure whether or not they are taking any walk-ins. In the past, I've had some success - even with very hard to get into restaurants - by walking up right at opening time.

MN_Rose
07-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Thank you everyone for the comments. It sounds like lunch is the way to go and we'll definitely be lining up to get in! I think the big thing is getting to see the space and enjoy the atmosphere. So, again....you are all awesome!

ANG
07-30-2013, 02:56 PM
If you are flexible (and visiting MK twice during your trip), I'd suggest trying a walk up on the first time. If they say 30min-an hr, sometimes that is as long as you wait for the lunch to get in! If it's too unreasonable, then try for lunch the second day. Will it just be you and your daughter? I would think they may be more accommodating to such a small party.

I called this morning as my 180+day and got an ADR but the only one they had was before 5pm. Oh well, it's an early dinner that day.

MN_Rose
07-31-2013, 11:39 AM
Thanks Ang. Those are great ideas, but unfortunately, we're only doing one day on the way to a cruise (thank goodness for purchasing 10-day, non-expiring tickets a few years ago). So, it looks like we'll do lunch, which should be great.

AgentC
07-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks Ang. Those are great ideas, but unfortunately, we're only doing one day on the way to a cruise (thank goodness for purchasing 10-day, non-expiring tickets a few years ago). So, it looks like we'll do lunch, which should be great.

I did lunch there and really enjoyed it. You'll have a great time. :thumbsup:

E-OR
07-31-2013, 03:39 PM
Just keep checking. I felt like we would never get a reservation but I would check a couple times a day and one day a 4:35 reservation popped up for our September trip. It is a little earlier than we normally eat but we're happy just to get in. I have not read the best reveiws on this restaurant but I want to try it and will make up my mind after our family eats there. There are other restaurants that don't get the best reviews but are some of our have to restaruants to eat at.

kakn7294
07-31-2013, 03:57 PM
Keep trying. Even on the days you're at the parks, go to guest services and to the restaurant itself to see if you can get in. Good luck! We did dinner in June in the West Wing - loved it!