PDA

View Full Version : Tutto Italia vs Via Napoli

VinnyNix
07-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Need some advice on Italian. We're calling a last minute audible because we had a lot of steak and fish. We normally like a more upscale experience as opposed to casual dining but Napoli gets far better reviews than Tutto Italia. Any advice???

brownie
07-30-2013, 08:38 AM
We've only eaten at Via Napoli. The pizza is really good there and is why we eat there. It's comfortable but not overly casual.

SBETigg
07-30-2013, 08:39 AM
I'm ready to give Tutto Italia another try. I had a snack in the wine bar on the my last trip, and it was really good. The menu looked intriguing.

I think Via Napoli might get better/more reviews because more people with kids will trend toward the more casual environment (and pizza), and most WDW visitors (but not all!) are families. Basically, look over the menus and see what appeals more to you. I think the atmosphere in Tutto Italia has to be more upscale than Via Napoli, which feels like a big cafeteria. A nice one, with fun ovens, but not much for atmosphere. It's kind of cavernous and loud. I still love it.

PlutoPlanet
07-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Both are very good. (Aren't they owned by the same company?) Yes, TI is a bit more formal, but you can't go wrong with either place.

CuteAsMinnie
07-31-2013, 10:58 PM
We completely enjoyed dinner at Via Napoli las week and were sad we were unable to return a second time.

By far the best meal of our 8 day trip. The freshest, most delicious pizza we ever had!

:thumbsup:

disneylovinmom
08-03-2013, 12:14 PM
:mickey: Via Napoli is my pick. Be warned, though, what they call pizza for two is really like pizza for 4 or 5. They have very large portions.

lsscancun
08-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Via Napoli in Disney World sounds exactly like Napoli in Disneyland. Does anyone know for sure if it is? We absolutely love the one in Disneyland, but we also love Tutto Italia. We have reservations in August for Tutto, but may try to eat at Via Napoli also.:mickey:

SBETigg
08-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Via Napoli in Disney World sounds exactly like Napoli in Disneyland. Does anyone know for sure if it is? We absolutely love the one in Disneyland, but we also love Tutto Italia. We have reservations in August for Tutto, but may try to eat at Via Napoli also.:mickey:

Naples in Disneyland (Downtown Disney) is part of the same restaurant group that owns Via Napoli, so I'm guessing there are similarities. Though I wouldn't expect to find them exactly the same in atmosphere or menu.

DizNut42
08-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Having eaten at both Naples and Via Napoli, the latter is much more fun. The last time at Naples it seemed stuffy and snooty to me. The food was very good, but the atmosphere really turned us off. So we have no plans to return to Naples any time soon.

BrerGnat
08-03-2013, 08:36 PM
I've eaten at Naples (several times), Tutto Italia (once) and Via Napoli (three times).

I think Via Napoli is my favorite for pizza and decor.

Naples is my favorite for basically all foods other than pizza (although, it is good there as well...best on DLR property for sure). Naples has wonderful appetizers and they have better entrees than Via Napoli.

Tutto Italia is good, but I find it WAY overpriced for what it is and overly formal. It's good, but it is definitely a more formal atmosphere and more $$$.

If in WDW, if you want PIZZA, head to Via Napoli. If you want more traditional Italian entrees and a more upscale atmosphere, try Tutto Italia.

I would rank them as follows:
1. Via Napoli
2. Naples
3. Tutto Italia

NJGIRL
08-07-2013, 04:03 PM
I have been to both many times and we really like Napoli but it is very casual....décor is nothing special.

Tutto is much more upscale, especially the wait staff. We have always enjoyed our meals there and have never had a problem with the food.

JerseyDad
08-08-2013, 08:48 AM
.....I know Via Napoli has some incredible pizza .....but the other dishes that they have are really ....REALLY good too.

....I personally think I would pass on the Tutto Italia 'fine dining' (and the fine dining $$$) ....in order to have a choice of pizza, or numerous other tasty dishes that they have in Via Napoli.