PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Flight Credit

FaithTrustPixieDust
07-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Southwest changed their policy on me! In the past, I was able to use flight credit for anyone else's next flight. We were able to shuffle it around within the family and save on our overall costs for a particular trip. I think one time I even gave my flight credit to a friend because it was about to expire.

NOW it seems it can only be reused for the same person. UGH!

Has anyone run into this, or more importantly, found a way around it?

KylesMom
07-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Unfortunately Southwest changed this policy quite some time ago. Several credits for DH and DS, although small, have gone to waste since we were not able to utilize the credits from the one-year mark of being booked.

I have not found a way around it. Sorry!

wdwaggie
07-29-2013, 01:45 PM
According to their website, they will allow a transfer of points to another frequent flyer account holder for a $10 fee.

Fangorn
07-29-2013, 03:30 PM
According to their website, they will allow a transfer of points to another frequent flyer account holder for a $10 fee.

That is for a transfer of Rapid Rewards points, not flight credit. Two different things.

Southwest changed their policy on transferring flight credit to someone else at least 2 years ago. There is no real way around it.

DizneyRox
07-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Yeah, it's been that way for a while. And FYI they match names exactly. I had to let a credit go because on one flight I used a middle initial and on another I didn't. Wouldn't let me use both on another flight.

No way around it... Them's the rules...